12. SUNDAY

The next morning, you woke up feeling like you just had the best rest of your life, you felt relaxed, and knowing you still had a day before the first day of school.

You sat up and leaned over your bed to look at the clock on the opposite direction of you. It was only 10am, but you weren't tired at all, so you thought about going outside. From your window, you could see the far corner of the quidditch field and didn't see anybody in the small area so you suspected it was empty.

You got out of bed taking care not to be too loud so you wouldn't wake your roommates, Marlene McKinnon and Mary Macdonald, since Lily seemed to not be in bed.

You slipped out of your pajamas into a red cropped shirt and your leggings that you wear under your Robes, then quietly left the room.

You walked through the beautiful halls quickly so you wouldn't waste time, all the while being as quiet as possible, especially when you passed the Hufflepuff common rooms.

Finally, you approached the quidditch field, and just as you had suspected, it was empty.

Good, now I can do whatever without anyone bothering me, you thought.

Grabbing a broom and a bludger from the Broom Cabinet, you headed farther out toward the field.

You climbed onto it, holding the bludger tightly in one hand, the front of the broom in the other, then took off up into the air. When you got to about the height of the clock tower, you floated in place for a while, then let go of the broom and lightly tossed the ball up, caught it, and threw it again.

You did this in the air a few times before you got bored, then dropped the ball from that height back into the quidditch field.

You didn't bother looking down, and flew a few laps around the clock tower before plummeting headfirst into the pitch. When you were a few feet up, you yanked the end of the broom up so you wouldn't crash, a cool autumn breeze flowing through your hair all the while.

You got off your broom and aimed it at the Cabinet before pushing it off in that direction causing a loud noise from the things it hit.

Oops

"You need to try out for quidditch love," said a voice from behind you, making you jump, you weren't expecting anyone to be there, but by their voice and the word they used to describe you, you knew immediately who it was.

"Sirius you're an idiot, don't scare me like that!" You whipped around to face the boy. He put his hands up in surrender, then said, "I'm serious! Wait I know I'm Sirius, anyway you get the point," he grinned.

"You couldn't have given up that opportunity could you?" You scoffed.

"More or less, yes," he shrugged as he said it.
"I've told you before to try out for the team, why don't you?"

"Because I don't want to," You snapped at him. You hadn't really been paying attention to what he was wearing, just his face, but you looked down at the grass then changed your mind and looked at him up and down.

He had on his signature leather jacket with a white button-up shirt barely half buttoned up and jeans.

"You like?" He asked smirking, noticing you staring. "Where are you going in that?" You asked, ignoring his question.

"Well I was going to practice, but seeing you already here, I don't know if I should," he teased. Bloody idiot, you thought. "Sirius you're going to get dress-coded.

"I could, but technically I'm not breaking dress code," he said, still smirking.

"I think not wearing a shirt is going to get you dress coded Black," you replied, shaking your head.

"I'm wearing a shirt!" He said defensively, then proceeded to unbutton his shirt. "This is not wearing a shirt," he added.

"You're stupid you know that?" You said sarcastically, then buttoned up his shirt and walked into the hallway.

He ran after you. "Hey, don't leave me, where are you going?" He frowned.

"I'm going to shower, you're going to leave me alone and do whatever, but don't get in trouble please," you told him. He gave you a huge grin, "Oh please you're such a child, don't get any ideas Black!" You told him off.

"Whatever," he mumbled, rolling his eyes, then walked in the opposite direction as you. You assumed he was heading towards the Great Hall as it was around breakfast time.

You walked back to the Gryffindor common rooms, then to your dorm, then through the second door in your dorm leading into the bathroom. You turned the water on and waited for it to warm up as you got your towels. Then you locked the door and took your shower, not really thinking about anything, but you started singing songs you knew, luckily your roommates weren't in the dorm so they couldn't tell you for the hundredth time that you were a 'great singer'.

When you finished your shower, you wrapped yourself in the towel then went to your wardrobe to get your robes, well, Sirius's robes.

You dry yourself off then put on your robes, then walked in the direction of the Great Hall.

When you arrived, you spotted your friends, sitting in the middle of the table. You walked towards them and sat in between Lily and Peter as they cleared a spot for you. Right across from you sat James, to his left Remus and to his right, Sirius.

"Good you're wearing a shirt," you said as you sat down. The other four looked at you all weird, then James's eyes opened wide.

"Oh Merlin, that sounded wrong, he wasn't wearing a shirt when I saw him this morning don't get any ideas!" You warned him. Then you realized that didn't sound right either. "Ok I'm shutting up now."

James and Remus snickered, Sirius pulled both of their hair.

"You make everything sound weird love," he rolled his eyes.

"Don't call me that," You snapped.

"Sorry darling," This time he said it, James smirked, and you glared at Sirius.

"Sorry angel, I'll stop," he was looking at his plate clearly trying to hide a laugh.

"Sweetheart don't be immature," you said sarcastically, now playing his game.

"He can't help it it's habit by now," Remus said, smiling mischievously.

"Be quiet Remus,"
"You be quiet yourself Sirius!" He hit him with the book in his hand.

"Wow ok." You laughed at them, Lily joining you. The sun came out from behind the clouds and the Hall lit up. "Your laugh is cute babe," he side-smiled.

"Where are you going with this honey?" You asked. He ignored your question, the turned to James and said, "See? She likes me."

He leaned back in his seat, attempting to be cool.
"Sirius, there's not a back to these-" you cut yourself off just as his eyes got wide and he fell off the bench. His hair fell over his face and you all laughed at him, he joined you a few seconds after.

"Well there's that," Peter laughed. You looked at him then laughed again.

A few other houses were looking at you all now,  so you took the hint and tried to contained your laugher, turning them into smiles.

——

Breakfast was over now , and you all sat on random seats in the common rooms.

word count: 1.2k