25. SNIVELLUS

You were curious as to their so called "non-prank," and you weren't a fan of Sivellu- Severus anyways, so you decided to do what they said.

You spent the whole day with Lily ignoring the boys—except in classes which she wasn't in with you—and doing mostly everything she asked. You ate lunch with her, partnered up with her in everything, even woke up at five so you could get an "early start."

The time came, Free-time as you all called it, so creative, and you told her you'd spent it in the library studying. She shrugged it off and told you she would probably be in the common room with Marlene and Alice. You went your separate ways from there.

——

"So? What's the plan?"
"See Snivellus over there, by the tree?" James pointed to a tree a good distance from you with an outline of a boy, Snivellu- Severus.

You nodded.

"Yeah, well, he's been spending a bit too much time with Evans don't you think?"

You nodded again. "I suppose so..."
James grinned. "Just follow my lead, don't do anything to screw this up yeah?"

"Sure I guess," you agreed. When he turned around and started walking towards Snape, you grabbed his shoulder. "But look, don't do anything stupid got it?"

"Yeah yeah."

So, the five of you got in position, James leading, you and Sirius to each side, Remus and Peter trailing behind. As you approached Snape, James drew his wand.

"Oi Snape!" Severus shot his head up towards him. "Don't you think you've had enough with Evans? Leave her alone!"

A few people started gathering around you now. You glanced at Sirius, this wasn't exactly what you'd signed up for.

James glanced around at the people gathering. "Levicorpus!" He whispered. (He wasn't the best at non-verbal)

Snape shot up into the air, dangling by his ankle. The students around you started laughing. You pulled the end of Sirius's sleeve. "What's he doing! This isn't at all what I thought would happen!"

Sirius smiled. "Relax! He won't take it too far I promise." You shook you head and frowned. James was not moving Snape through the air, still by his ankle.

"Who wants to see me take off Snivellus's trousers!" He shouted with a sneer. Cheers and whoops erupted from the crowd.

No this is where I draw the line. "James put him down!" You ordered. You reached up for his wand and yanked it from his hand, setting Severus down. "What were you thinking! You think this'll make Lily h-"

"Make me happy?"

You spun around. No, no, no! "Lily, I-" You realized what it looked like, you at front holding a wand out. Oh Merlin. "It's not what it looks like! I tried to stop them, it wasn't me!"

"Can I not trust anyone for more than a minute! The second I turn around you dimwits do everything in your power to make me hate you!" She rushed over to Snape.

Lily squatted down at his level and held her hand out, but Snape swatted it away.

"I don't need help from a mudblood like you!" He hissed.

You could literally see the moment her heart shattered, tears welled up in her eyes.

"Evans wait!" Sirius called out.

She spun around ignoring Sirius's remark. "And you! Don't think I like you any better than the rest of them Remus!" With that, she ran up the hill, disappearing over the horizon into the castle.

A/N: Hey! Back for a few final chapters because why not! I have motivation again!

Also, if you could please follow my TikTok, @multizfxndom It would mean so much! Thank you for all the notifications I got over the break!!