16. SCHOOL

You woke up the next morning almost late, you needed to be at breakfast around eight, and it was 7:50.

You panicked and ran to your red-head friend's bed, only to find her not in it. She better not have left me! You thought. Then you heard the sink turn on, thank Merlin.

"Lily!" You pounds at the door.
"What!" She groaned.

"I thought you left me, wait for me in the common room when you're done ok?" You begged.
"Ok, but you better hurry, I don't want to be late!"

You agreed, and swapped places in the bathroom with her, she left to go sit in the common area while you dug through your closet. Where's my bloody robes?? You couldn't find them anywhere.

You looked in Lily and Marlene's closet in case they took it, then the bathroom but they were nowhere to be found. You put on your leggings, but the robes, tie, and polo weren't there.

"LILY!" You screamed at her from upstairs.

"WHAT!" She screamed back, mimicking your tone.
"I cant find my robes!" You yelled as you ran down the stairs. You had no choice but to go down wearing your underwear and the black sports bra you had on, you weren't scared of her, you shared a dorm after all, but were slightly worried about others being there, though you pushed away the thought.

You stared at Lily for a split second before you saw all four marauders staring at you, Sirius and James smirking, Remus looking you up and down, Peter looking downright uncomfortable.

You stood there for a few seconds completely embarrassed before realizing you should probably move.

"N-never mind, I'll find it myself..." you stuttered. Oh Merlin no get me out of here! You ran up the stairs as fast as you could almost tripping towards the top, luckily, you were out of view of the group.

"You still want help love?" Sirius called out after you.

"I'm good thanks!" You yelled back letting the annoyance take over. You ran through your dorm door and slouched by the wall.

You pulled out your wand and spoke clearly, "Accio Robes!" For some reason you hadn't thought of this before, stupid, then you quickly slid your polo, tie, and robes on before running down again.

"Don't speak of this to anyone got it? Erase it from your minds," You said threateningly to the boys. They all nodded, Remus smiled and looked at his feet to hide it, Sirius clearly pleased with everything.

——

You all sat at the Gryffindor table, eating waffles, eggs, toast, bacon, all sorts of stuff. Once you finished, the food along with your plates disappeared with a wave of Dumbledore's hand.

"All student report to your professors for your schedules!" He announced. All Slytherins rushed to Slughorn, Gryffindors to McGonagall and so on.

She handed you your papers, and you all immediately opened them. "What'd you guys get?" Remus asked.

"Potions, charms, DADA, history, transfiguration, herbology, Muggle studies, ancient runes, and astronomy." You told him.

"In order?" He asked, you nodded. "Looks like we have the first three together. Also ancient runes," You discussed all your classes, in the end you had four with Remus, all of them with Sirius and James, two with Peter, and the same four as Remus with Lily.

——

You had eaten your breakfast already, now walking through the halls to your first class of the day; potions.

You walked with Remus and Lily, James and Sirius tagging along in the back talking about Merlin knows what. Then the two came running up to you guys.

"Y/n!" Sirius called.
You looked back at him, "yup?"
"Nothing I just wanted to annoy you," he said.
"Well you didn't, sorry," you replied. Then you thought of something. For the first thirteen years of your life, you and him had been best friends, acted and talked like it, but something was off since last year, he seemed off. I need to see if it's true, does he like me? Remus says he does...

You turned back to Remus and Lily, then whispered, "I want to test something dont get any ideas promise?" They both looked confused but nodded anyways. Get ready to ruin your friendship! You thought.

Then you quickly turned around again to face Sirius and grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pushed him into the wall.

James's eyes got ten times bigger, Lily and Remus shocked, but not surprised. Sirius on the other hand looked very pleased with the current circumstances.

"Hey love, how's your day?" He asked playfully. You felt extremely uncomfortable with the situation, but decided to push it a bit further. You needed to find out if your theory was the real truth.

You brought your face closer to his, having to stand on your toes to be the same height as him. He leaned towards you thinking, well, you know what he was thinking. You pretend to play along then quickly pushed yourself away.

He looked embarrassed which you thought was funny, your friends had all seen that, two of them knew why you did it at least. But now you were a bit less confused, yet more at the same time.

Sirius Orion Black. Your best friend since ever, now, you didn't think he considered you a best friend anymore. What if I like him too? What if he really doesn't like me and he's just a huge flirt? He does with other girls, that's never bothered me before, your mind was spinning with thoughts.

You looked into his deep grey eyes, he gave a hint of a smile.

You back away and headed to your first period.

word count: 918