Epilogue

A/N: this is the second installment of runaway series 😭 and I am really happy you reached this far with me. thank you everyone 😭 see you in the next book. I love you, dolls. Iyakin ko talaga.

Epilogue

I have swore to my mother that I will love only one woman in my entire life aside from her. She laughed at me and said I was overthinking. That I am still young to talk about having a family. Don't she trust me? Napailing na lang ako dahil sa reaksiyon niya.

"Oh, dear. You can't tell that. You're still young, what you said was beyond impossible." She wiped her lips using the table napkin before looking at me. "You know, boys like your age tends to fool around and fuck girls whenever they like."

Nabulunan ako namula ang mga pisngi ko sa sinabi niya. Why is she so blunt? She laughed at my reaction. But, I am serious you know! About what I said, having one girl to love in my entire life next to her.

"Mom!" saway ko sa kaniya pero tinawanan niya lang ako. Ngumuso ako dahil sa ginawa niya, I sighed when she kissed my cheeks non-stop.

"Oh, son. Don't be shy, don't forget I used to bath you before." Umayos siya ng upo bago ako tinignan at ngumiti ng marahan. "You are already a man, Johann. I trust you when you said that you will be a one-woman-man." Yumuko siya at malungkot na ngumiti. "If your father is still here, he will be proud of you. You have grown up a lot..." her lips quivered and that was my cue to aid her and hug her as much as I could.

I kissed her temple and hushed her. Maging ako ay napapikit ng mariin. Mom has been really sad lately. I was just seventeen when Dad died because of a plane crash. I was still young back then. I don't know what to react when the news flashed, and my father was one of the casualties.

It has been three years since that happened. Wala man lang akong nagawa. Mom got depressed. I got to run our business at my young age. That was the reason of our downfall. I was the one to take care of my mother, since my brother was nowhere to be found. Kahit na anong pagmamakaawa ni Mom na ibalik ko si Daddy ay hindi ko magawa.

Kung pwede lang na magpalit kami ni Daddy ng pwesto ay gagawin ko. I looked up to the ceiling to stop my tears from falling.

"Stop crying, Mom. I am sure that he is proud of us. I promise to give you many grandchildren so that you will never get bored here." Tumawa siya at niyakap ako pabalik.

But I knew, that deep inside she was breaking. She may act strong in front of me but I know that she is just acting. That time, I promised her that if I got to build my own family, I will do my best to live longer so that they won't feel sad because of me leaving them behind just like what Dad did.

I was on my third year on college. I want to be a teacher. When I was still a little boy, I really admired my mother. She was the best teacher I used to know. But when Dad's plane crashed, she stopped from teaching and chose to lock herself inside her room.

I want to be like her. Fate might be cruel to us but I know that we will survive, and we did. After three years, she's finally starting to heal even just in a slow pace.

I was on my way to Gio's place when I saw a girl sitting on the rusty swing in the old and abandoned park. I could hear the creaking sound it made. I saw how she gripped her dress tightly before wiping her tears. I don't know why, but seeing her in that state hurts something inside me.

Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko. Why the hell am I reacting like this? I do not even know her for fuck's sake! Hindi ko alam na nanatili ako doon hanggang sa matapos siya sa kakaiyak. I gulped when I saw her face.

She looks like an angel. The tip of her nose was red, her eyes were puffy, her red luscious lips caught my attention. The way she bit her lips to stop herself from crying again tugged something inside me. This is not good, I said to myself.