Chapter 52

Wendy had to admit that she was fairly disappointed by how quickly her fight had gone and how much Erigor had underestimated her. It was not the first she was taken for granted and not the last it will happen. She is Wendy Marvel, a member of the dragon team and dubbed the maiden of the sky and one of the strongest members of her guild...the number one guild. Many know her name and of her capabilities yet they see the need to underestimate her, they look down on her all because she is a child? She can understand that it is sometimes hard to comprehend that a child can be stronger than most adult mages, but she does not understand being treated as if she doesn't know how to tie her own shoes. She is strong and any who know that should know to proceed with caution,  lest they want to end up like poor Erigor here. She is not an arrogant person, but she does not like to be treated like a child and have her strength ignored. She had worked hard to become as strong as she is, for she would not allow herself to be a burden to Archer and the rest. If she could not measure up to those considered strong, she does not believe she'll be of use to Archer and Erza when they would need her.

On that note, she considers Erigor for a moment. She knows him as a powerful wizard who many fear and she has defeated him as easily as she makes her breakfast in the morning. She has defeated someone considered strong with ease, so she should be proud, and she is. She's grinning before she understands it as she takes the man by the scarf and happily drags him off to Erza and Archer, who both stood overlooking the pile of bodies they had accumulated. She noticed Asher and Nero conversing about something, having long since taken care of any fool who dare approach them, and from what she could hear;   their topic of conversation is the blonde who had recently joined them. It had her looking to said blonde with curiosity and interest. She had been the one to bring her to the guild and the one to know her the longest yet she has spent little time with her until now. She doesn't know much about her, safe for her apparent resentment towards men. Well, she wouldn't consider it as resentment for she is not bitter to every man she meets. It's just that she perhaps does not like how certain men treat her and that is very much understandable. They underestimate her as well, and no one likes that. Besides, she should not be underestimated because she is very skilled with those daggers alone. She also has some impressive magical knowledge and a great magic sense on top of incredible control of her magic. She seems pretty good at combat as well and has reflexes like a cat.

She also seems to itch for a fight sometimes, something that is shown when she beats the hell out of her guildmates with a grin on her face.

It is also seen when she stabs her knife into some poor man's side.

Wendy feels a bit bad for them after seeing the way she brutally took them down, but that pity was gone the minute she remembered how cocky they were.

All because she's a pretty girl.

She doesn't get that. Why does being a pretty girl immediately mean that you can't handle yourself in a fight? What kind of misogynistic logic is that?

"Is he alive Wendy?" Erza had to wonder when Wendy dumped Erigor's unmoving form before her feet. Her question was met with silence as Wendy stared down at the body she had brought over as if she too was curious about his state of being. That just made Erza doubt even more, because if Wendy wasn't sure then he likely already shook hands with the one he wished he could be.

"That was very devastating" Archer appeared out of nowhere, sounding proud of the younger. Of course she is. She's always proud when Wendy defeats an opponent. "He's not dead, but he'll likely drown in his own blood"

"Splendid" Asher carelessly stepped on his body as she approached them with a smile that spoke volumes of her sadistic nature. Nero followed after her, glancing at Erigor with pity before exchanging sweet words with the young slayer. Lucy was the last to approach, smiling and happy with how well she had handled herself, although she was thinking of Wendy and how she handled the wind user. She could only imagine the type of pain he must be in