chapter 13

Archer and Erza had retreated back to their room. Archer was in a very good mood and Erza enjoyed the unknown tune she hummed. She was happily eyeing her new keys and had said that she would be summoning them when they returned to their room. Erza had gotten a glimpse of them. The ruby key looked somewhat like the last. The difference being that it had flames and embers engraved on it. Also Erza could feel the heat coming off it just like she felt the cold coming off Glacier's key. The white key had more intricate designs and looked very elegant. She couldn't describe further than that. It just had a unique look to it.

Once they were in their room Archer sat on their bed and looked between the two keys. Apparently she was trying to decide who to summon first. She hummed and held up Demeter's key. She's a goddess and a pretty elderly figure, so she went first. Respect the elderly. Archer didn't need to say anything special to summon the goddess. She didn't need to say anything at all. She never did. They would appear when she pushed just the tiniest bit of magic into their keys.

There was a bright glow in the room that prompted Erza to shield her eyes. Why must there always be a blinding light?

When the light faded and she opened her eyes she was met with an incredibly beautiful woman. She blinked in disbelief. She had never seen a woman as beautiful as the brunette she was staring at. Her hair was as brown as the earth and flowing all the way down to her feet. Her eyes the green of summer leaves. She had a wise smile on pink lips. Her skin fair and clear of any blemishes. Her form mesmerizing. Her dress was a mix of green and white that fit her body perfectly.

Didn't Archer say something about Demeter being am old goddess?

The woman in front of her looked to be in her twenties.

"Little Archer, how good it is to see you again"

Wow. Even her voice was out of this world. She was sure she never heard a voice as soft as her own.

She truly was a goddess.

"It's a pleasure seeing you again as well, Demeter"

The woman hummed as she eyed the young girl. "Rid yourself of that mask, child" Demeter spoke as a mother would speak to her child. Her gaze stern yet loving as she watched Archer.

Archer sighed and did as told. The mask was removed and Demeter smiled. She sat next to Archer on the bed and carresed her cheek.

"Let me see those fangs of yours"

Archer looked as if she wanted to protest, but a look from the woman stopped her. She grumbled like the child she was and bared her fangs for the woman to inspect. She hummed as she observed them.

"You've taken good care of them. Good girl"

Archer sighed. Demeter was such a motherly figure. It was hard enough to deal with her own mother.

"Have you been taking care of yourself? "

"Yes"

Demeter eyed her for some time. Archer didn't look at her. It was interesting to see Archer truly act like a child. Specifically a child who was either embarrassed or annoyed by the attention Demeter fed her.

"I'll believe you for now" The woman kissed her forehead like any mother would.

Erza didn't even know what to do when those green eyes landed on her. The woman was staring at her kindly. Within a blink of an eye she was in front of her and gazing at her the same way she gazed at Archer. She was truly a motherly figure.

"Ah, Erza" Demeter said knowingly as she looked the girl in the eyes. She frowned as she rested a hand on the child's right cheek. "What happened to your eye, child? "