chapter 20

Sometimes one can feel like a proud mother for all the wrong reasons. Archer found herself experiencing that emotion as she watched Wendy school the poor bandit that decided to attack them. There was a whole group of them and once Archer determined their strenght she didn't hesitate to throw Wendy at one of them. Yes, she had her moments of using Wendy as a weapon. It wasn't often and it wasn't for dumb reasons. By throwing her towards the man she helped the child build up enough speed to increase the strenght of her feet coliding with the fool's face. While that happened Archer and Erza decided to handle the other men before they could even touch the carriage they were guarding. They chose the wrong day to plan such an attack. I'm sure that one guy was not expecting a bullet in the form of a toddler to be sent to his face. Wendy has had enough hand to hand training to be capable of handling the fumbling bandit. She knew to use her size to her advantage. She manipulated the air with trained ease and was giving the man a run for his money.

Grandeeny would be proud of the little fighting machine she trained.

Well, Archer was the one who taught her all her hand to hand combat. She taught her a style that would help her very much. Using the air with her moves was perfect.

At some point the four year old ended up standing on the unconscious man's chest after a wing attack knocked him out. She stared at him a bit confused before looking towards Archer and pointing at the man.

"He won't get up"

"Good job. Go for that man, he's very bad" Archer threw a stone at the man she was indicating, striking him in the head and caused him to collide with a tree with the force of the hit.

"She's impressive " Erza said as she dropped her defeated bandit casually and sliced through the air, taking care of two more. "She incorporates her magic into her fighting style very easily and her way of fighting makes use of her size"

"Nice observation" Archer threw another stone and knocked out four bandits almost immediately. Another stone was sent flying, knocking down the one closest to the carriage causing the other to trip over his body. "Guess who taught her"

"I could tell by that proud look in your eyes"

Archer grinned under her mask as she manifested a white bow out of thin air. She pulled back the string, a fiery arrow forming as she did. She was calm as she aimed it at three other bandits. Once released the arrow split in three and struck the bandits in the chest. They crumpled to the floor unmoving. They won't be moving for a full week. Their body cannot handle the flames of a Phoenix, even the weakest of said flames.

Archer glanced at Wendy just in time to see her standing on the chest of her second victem before taking to the air in time to dodge another bandit. She kept herself in the air and prepared her powerful roar.

Erza and Archer saw opportunity and grabbed the last two bandits, throwing them towards the one about to be hit by the incoming roar. They crashed on top of each other and could not untangle themselves in time to dodge the attack

"You sure showed them" Archer laughed as she caught the little girl. She was beaming with happiness at her success and the compliment she received from Archer.

"You were amazing Wendy"

"Thank you big sis Erza" Wendy giggled in her joy and jumped over into the redhead's arms.

"Big sis? "

"Look a that" Archer chuckled even as she struck a bandit in the head before he could get up.

She threw him against a tree, placing a hard boot to his chest and looking him in the eyes.

"Speak or suffer"