chapter 46

Wendy sighed when she stood before the doors to her guild. It was noisy as always and from the ruckus she knew there was most likely a very lively party taking place. What they were celebrating was something she never figured out and never truly tried to really. Fairy tail just likes to party and that was the end of that story. Standing at her side Lucy could do little to suppress her excitement as she gazed upon the building with eyes of admiration and wonder. She was finally here. She finally made it to the guild she had dreamed of being part of. She never thought she would actually be standing where she currently was. She dreamed of this day,but never believed it could become a reality. Not with her overbearing father constantly looming over her head, always trying to control her life. But here she was before the one and only Fairy tail about to become a full fledged member and mage.

When Wendy fully prepared herself for what she would be revealing to Lucy she finally pushed the doors open,slowly revealing the guild in all its glory.

"Welcome to fairy tail"

A party was in full swing as every member induldged in the celebration. Drinks were dealt and passed and multiple conversations were unfolding. Gray was shirtless as he always was while engaging in a very unfair arm wrestle with Elfman. At the bar Mira was handling the beverages while yelling at Wakaba for asking her out again and was apparently going to throw a mug at him until Cana quickly snatched it out of her hands in favor of gulping it down herself.  Thankfully there wasn't a raging fight taking place at the moment and Wendy supposed it was because the instigators weren't present at the moment. That was a big relief because Archer and Erza weren't going to be back for another day or two and they were the only ones who could stop the guild from falling apart.

Lucy wore a goofy smile as she took in the complete chaos in the guild. She had heard a lot about the guild and how rowdy they are,but experiencing it in person was so much better than she imagined. She was so lost in her excitement that she was unaware of Wendy carefully taking her hand and expertly guiding her through the guild and to the bar. It was only when Mira stood in front of her that she snapped out of her head and brought herself back to the current happenings

"This is Lucy and she would like to join the guild" Wendy gently nudged her forward with her introduction. "Lucy this is Mira and that's Cana"

Lucy refused to let her fan girl come out at meeting both the local model and drunk who just so happen to be featured in multiple magazines, all of which she made sure to read. Even if she refused to smile like a dummy she couldn't fully hide how much of a fan she was for Cana laughed knowingly,but didn't say anything.

"Welcome to Fairy Tail where we fight and party everyday" Mira grinned. "Are you sure you want to join this guild?"

"Hey, if she wants in she must be as crazy as us and if not she'll be gone by next week" those were the words of Cana who then glared at Wakaba when he again tried to get Mira's attention.  "Oi! Don't make me go talk to your wife old man!"

There was silence as Wakaba realized she was dead serious so he kept his mouth shut and slowly sipped on his beer. Some of the members were laughing at him while others shook their head because he brought it upon himself.

Although he was just joking.

"Awe" Mira immediately migrated to the irritated Cana just to tease her. "Were you jealous?"

Cana took a big swig of her beer before replying to the question,deciding to beat Mira at her own game.

"As Archer would say, jealousy is wanting something you do not or cannot have. So no ,I was not jealous"

Hooking a single finger under Mira's chocker she pulled her closer until there was just inches of space between them. It would be so very easy for either of them to close the distance completely,but neither did. There was a smirk playing on her lips as her eyes flickered from wonderful blue eyes to enticing pink lips. Often times Mira was the one torturing her like this, the wonderful tease. And then there are moments such as this where Cana decides to be the tempress. Their closeness promised much and as she made to close the distance she stopped just a breath away, smirk growing when Mira released a sound of frustration.