chapter 15

Archer was the first to wake up. The light of the sun is what pulled her out of her slumber . She tried to evade the light, but could not. She could or would not move because of the fact that she was the source of warmth for two girls. Wendy was still on top of her and clutching her scarf. Erza was curled into her side also holding onto her scarf. So she could not move. If she did she could wake one of them and she did not wish to do that. She closed her eyes again, maybe she should just go back to sleep. That thought was soon to leave her head. She was already up and going back to dream land was no option. She would just have to patiently wait for the two to wake up.

She was left to stare up at the ceiling. She was absentmindedly tonguing her sharper canines. They were technically fangs. She tended to tongue them often. It was a personal feature that interested her. She had wondered why she had fangs in the first place. Was it needed? It did allow her to tear into her chicken leg far easier. But she didn't find that very important. She had asked about it. Her parents happily explained their use. It was interesting to say the least. Since the day she had learned of its most important use she looked at it a bit differently. Either way, she took to tonguing it often. Sometimes she would hurt herself. They were very sharp after all.

She sighed when she tasted blood in her mouth. She hurt herself again. A small cut on her tongue. She stopped playing with her sharp teeth and silently soothed her bleeding tongue. Archer glanced at Erza. Her hair was scattered around her. A scarlet halo. She wasn't being creepy and staring at a sleeping person. She only looked at her because she was losing feeling in her arm. She didn't do anything about it, because Erza was comfortable. She sighed. She was too nice sometimes.

A few minutes passed of Archer just staring at the ceiling. She felt Erza shift and looked at her again. She was staring long enough for the two to meet eyes the minute Erza opened her own. Archer seemed very curious when Erza slowly became as red as her hair and abruptly sat up. As curious as she was she was still very relieved. Her arm was free and while she could not feel it she was happy.She just had to wait for the blood to circulate properly and she would have her arm back.

"Morning" she said casually as she flexed her arm. She smiled in success.

"Sorry, is your arm ok? I didn't mean to use it as a pillow" Erza was quick to apologize and bow her head.

"I lost feeling in it, fortunately everything is perfectly fine now"

"I apologize. Please hit me! "

Archer almost forgot about Erza's odd form of apologizing. Why she sees the need to be hit is worrying.

"I will not hit you, sit up" Archer said sternly and sat up herself. She was careful with Wendy in her arms and placed her on the bed. She sweat dropped when the child refused to let go of her scarf.

"She has a strong grip even in her sleep" Erza mumbled with an amused smile. She watched Archer try to detach the younger girl from her scarf, but she failed multiple times. In the end she sighed and removed her scarf, letting Wendy have it. The little girl hugged the article of clothing to herself and mumbled something incoherent. "Why does she cling to your scarf? "

"I've worn that thing for most of my life, so it has my scent on it. Wendy likes my scent hence her refusal to release it" Archer tugged on her hoodie in discomfort. "I'm not used to taking it off. I feel very uncomfortable without it"

"Why do you wear it all the time? "

"It was made for me" she mumbled. It was not only made out of dragon scales but out of phoenix feathers as well. Her parent's magic is infused within. Irene enchanted it while Anna made it. "It consisted of dragon scales and the feathers of a phoenix "