chapter 32

Natsu was practically buzzing with excitement as he sat among the eggs. He was acting as their heater as per usual. It was his self appointed job and one he took very seriously. He couldn't wait for them to hatch. He wondered what would be coming out of them. It had been a month. Demeter had told him that they'll be hatching any day now. It could be today or tomorrow, but it would be soon. Boy was he excited. He really couldn't wait. He would ask Archer to speed up the process, but he knew she didn't   interfere with such things.

"Natsu, calm down. You're temperature is higher than it should be" Levy's voice snapped the pink haired boy out of his thoughts. He blinked in question as if he didn't hear what she had said.

"Huh?"

"You're too hot" Lisanna said with a sigh. She stood a bit farther away. When Natsu's temperature increased she moved to stand next to Gray, who was annoyed at being used as an AC.

"Oh, sorry. I'm just super excited" Natsu grinned happily and easily lowered his temperature. As he thought about the hatching eggs it quickly rose again, only for him to quickly ground himself.

"Why do you get hotter when you're excited? "

"Well, I don't have the best control of my magic I think. Yeah, that's what Archer said" Natsu nodded to his explanation. Igneel said it too so it must be true. He'll get better soon enough. He just needs to train harder.

"Shouldn't Archer be doing this? "Igneel asked as he stood nearby. "She's a girl. You'd think she would nurse the eggs"

"But I want to do it" Natsu whined. "I'm great at it"

"Yes, but still"

"Let the child do as he wishes" Grandeeny said with a small smile. "He is doing a good deed and he's very devoted. You should be proud"

"I guess" Igneel sighed. "When are these things hatching anyway? "

"Any day now" Natsu grinned and swayed happily. "I can't wait to see what comes out of them"

Gray sighed and wandered off. What was he even doing at the flame brain's house?  He was invited by the girls but he didn't have to come. On the other hand he was very curious about the eggs so here he was. At the moment he had no interest in being around the dragon slayer. He increases the temperature in the air and that is annoying. So he wandered off. His eyes landed on Cana and Mira and so he decided to join them. They are entertaining enough.

When he sat under the tree with them, they didn't acknowledge him. He felt very offended, but didn't bother saying anything. Instead he followed their gazes and just furrowed his brow. Why were they so focused on Archer and Erza. They're just training. What's so interesting about them training? Was he missing something? Did something happen? Are the two planning somethibg?

"I really don't see the need for us to do anything" Cana spoke, finally taking her eyes off the two girls. It was only the that she noticed Gray and waved casually. Her eyes stayed on him for a moment and she laughed quietly. "Missing something? "

Gray was confused but then Cana pointed at him. He looked down on himself and gasped to find he was missing his shirt and pants. He was quick to get to his feet and sprint across the backyard in search of his clothes.

"Never gets old" Cana sighed and pulled a deck of cards out of nowhere. She poked Mira in her side to get her attention. "Stop staring, you're being a creep"

"Don't poke me" Mira glared and returned the gesture. She smiled in victory when Cana jerked away from her. "Anyways, we have to do something"

"No, I don't think we do" Cana glanced at the girls they were so focused on. She didn't see the need to interfere at the moment. "Theyre fine"