chapter 27

"That's a big egg"

"You don't say, Scarlet"

Erza ignored the comment as she inspected the eggs Archer and her siblings found. How did they just happen to crash into her backyard. That was very convenient. They were such odd eggs. She's never seen such before. She figured that maybe Levy would know, but apparently she didn't. The bookworm was just as clueless and was fascinated with the things. She had a notepad and pen as she carefully observed the eggs, scribbling anything she found interesting. Which was everything. From their sizes, to their design.

"Do you really plan on keeping them? " Erza asked her friend , who shrugged in response. She was currently toying with a yoyo and was very good when it came to manipulating the toy.

"I don't see the problem with it"

"Do you even know what type of eggs they are? "Erza asked with raised eyebrow. She knew Archer wouldn't be keeping the eggs if she thought they could cause any harm. She doesn't see them as dangers. So perhaps she knows what is being grown within. The girl was very knowledgeable and it was very obvious. If anyone knew what the eggs were it was her. And from the amused look in her eyes Erza knew immediately that she did indeed know what would be emerging from those eggs.

"So you do know? "

"Maybe" Archer had her eyes on her white yoyo as she toyed with it. "Yoyos or very entertaining"

Erza sighed at the comment and said nothing. Archer didn't seem to want to correctly answer her question. Whehter it be because she was amused by her curiosity or because she knew that the other already guessed right, Erza didn't know. The redhead returned to watching the others interact with the eggs. Natsu was placed in the middle of the self made nest, with the eggs surrounding him. He was on fire and seemed very happy with the job he was given.

"Natsu, you're going to drain your magic" Archer warmed, but didn't seem very concerned.

"You'll help me out when that happens, right big sis? "

Archer didn't answer and only focused on her yoyo. Natsu grinned, taking her silence as a positive answer.

"Are you sure that's the brightest of ideas? "Levy asked as she calculated the distance of the eggs and the heat Natsu was letting off. She was muttering to herself as she scribbled some thing down. "Natsu, lower your temperature a bit, you're too hot for the eggs"

Natsu nodded and did as told. He lowered his temperature until Levy was satisfied.

"I wonder what will come out of these" Lisanna wondered aloud.

"Why in the world would you just decide to nurse eggs? "Mira asked with a frown. "These things could be dangerous"

"Maybe, but big sis wouldn't let us keep them if she predicted any danger" Wendy pointed out as she sipped on some milkshake Archer had made. "Archer never let's us do things that could cause us any harm"

"Your vocabulary is pretty impressive for a four year old" Levy noted.

"Have you met her older sister? "Cana asked with an amused smile and eyed Archer. "You probably taught these guys everything they know"

"Oh yeah, Archer is the best teacher " Natsu cheered. "She taught me to read and write and how to behave around people and stuff"

"And yet you act a fool" Archer said bluntly.

"That's mean"

"It is the truth"

"Big brother is a fool" Sting snickered.