chapter 35

"This is outrageous"

Mira sat at the bar with an angry pout on her face. Blue eyes were intently focused on the masked Archer. The resident Phoenix was seated in a corner with Levy and Lisanna, dutifully listening to whatever it was they were talking about while casting an eye on the youngest of her siblings. It was infuriating to the oldest Straus. One year. It had been one year since Archer joined the guild and she had not once seen her face. She didn't think about it too much until it was recently brought up. Now she was frustratingly curious about what lay hidden behind that mask. She didn't ask of course. She knew it wouldn't be as easy as that. Archer avoided many questions about herself. What's hidden behind the mask was one of them.

"She will take that mask off" Mira said with devious determination.

"Sure" Cana said in monotone. She glanced at the ever calm Archer before returning her focus to her cards. "As if that's gonna happen"

"You don't think I can do it?" Mira asked, a challenge in her voice.

Cana sighed with a shrug. "No, I don't"

"And why is that?"

"You really want me to say?" Cana looked at her, amusement present in those brown eyes. It was very plain too. Mira could see it. It didn't help that she was openly smiling.

"It's so good to know you believe in me, Cana. Truly"

"Such genuine words" Cana rolled her eyes. "What's your first plan of action? "

Mira was quiet for a long time. Sadly she had no actual plan that she believed would work. Archer was one to always see somethibg coming. She would expect anything she came up with and know what she was up to before she even fully got the chance. It was sad really. Mira always had elaborate plans up her sleeve. She had many, many plans up her sleeve, but when it came to Archer there had to be a mind blowing plan involved.

"Nothing, huh?"

"This is Archer"

"Exactly" Cana shook her head as if she was greatly disappointed. "You're over thinking things because your plans are always so elaborate and she always sees them coming"

"How am I overthinking this? "

Cana shook her head again, eyes focused on the cards she had spread out before her. Unlike Mira she knew what to do and how to go about it. A year with Archer was an eye opener. The first thing to know about her was that no matter how emotionally deficient she was, the people she cared about the most were her siblings and a certain redheaded knight. The second thing she learned was that Archer wasn't entirely too complicated when it came to asking her question. Sometime she doesn't feel like answering so she leaves everyone puzzled with some weird riddle. Sometimes she was in the mood for answering, but did not want to give it to you straight. One would have to work for it. But then there are times she just gives you what you want. The third thing Cana has come to learn about her favorite person to watch is that she'll do anything as long as Wendy or Erza ask it of her. These were very important points of Archer to know of. And Cana was very observant, despite what others may think.

So of course she knew what to do.

"Just ask her. If she doesn't answer use Wendy or Erza. You'll get what you want. It's that simple" Cana tilted her head towards Archer as she spoke. "Really not that complicated"

"I refuse to believe that" Mira decided she was going to be stubborn about her choices.

"Just try it" Cana waved her off without so much of a glance. "If neither works I'll tell you who I like"