chapter 40

Life was interesting. As she drifted idly above the heads of those who took care of her, Silver found herself wondering about life. She didn't know why she was suddenly pondering life. It would be rather useless for no one truly knew the answer to the question she was now asking herself. Not even the all knowing Archer. Those who claim to have the answer were surely liars or delusional. Since the very day she was born Silver had been acquiring knowledge. It came instinctively to her. Her search of knowledge has led to her discovering many things about the world and the people walking on the earth. Even then her knowledge was lacking for she misinterprets most of what she had learned. She was a child after all. Often times Erza or Archer would have to correct her when she made a wrong assumption. She learned that as much as the books tell her she would forever be lacking knowledge. Archer had told her that and it was completely true. One can never truly know everything about the world. About life and existence. Not unless you're a deity. Having realized this she tried to search for the answers by the gods and goddesses Archer held as friends.

Of course she learned nothing. They were very determined to keep those answers to themselves.

"You can put me down now"

Silver drifted closer at the sound of Archer's voice. She came to rest on her head, wings fading into nothingness. She sat quietly as she stared down at the silver hair. Tiny paws patted her head softly as if trying to comfort her in some way. She tilted her head slightly as she continued to stare. Archer had been whining for some time now. She wanted Erza to put her down. It seems she wasn't a fan of riding piggyback. Silver thought it would be rather fun. It is actually. She does it all the time. Far better than putting effort into actually walking or flying. But Archer didn't think so.

"You're sick" Silver spoke as she patted Archer's head again. She hoped that helped somehow. It most likely didn't offer anything safe for a little comfort.

"No I'm not" Archer sighed, having repeated the same words over five times. She was not sick. That was an actual imposibility. Phoenix do not get sick. Their bodies are far too hot to house any harming bacteria or viruses. Even if they  do catch a virus it would do little to nothing to them for their immune system was as powerful as them, so to speak. So the chance of Archer being sick as factually zero.

"Phoenix can not get sick" Erza recounted Archer's own words from memory.

"Exactly, so I do not understand why you're carrying me" Even as she protested she offered no physical struggle in Erza's arms.

"You were dizzy and nauseas" Silver pointed out blankly.

When Archer had stumbled out of the train she went on to almost fall over her own feet and throw up in some random trash can. She had gotten motion sickness on the train and for some reason she didn't take her medicine even after Erza told her to. The redhead failed to understand how she could forget to take her meds even after she told her multiple times.

"Yes, but I have already convalesced"

"I'll assume that's another word for recovered" Erza mumbled having failed to recognized that word. Leave it to Archer to introduce her to words she'll most likely never use or hear from anyone else.

"Yes it is" Archer confirmed. "I have rejuvenated"

"You've been saying that for a while now"

"Yet you refuse to believe me"

"There is no reason not to believe you" Erza said simply. "You've never lied to me"

"Then put me down"

"No"

"Why?" Arxher was truly baffled. She was better. Erza understood that she felt better. There was clear communication between them. They clearly understand eachother. So how could they not come to the same conclusion?