Part 28: "But one of these days he's not gonna."

A Couple Hours Later

I paced back and forth across the floor as Jack and Corbyn sat at the edge of my bed.

"Alright so why did you call us in here?" Jack asked.

"Yeah you haven't said anything for the past 10 minutes. You good, Sav?" Corbyn added.

"Why don't you two tell me?!"

They looked at each other and then back at me.

"What?!" They both asked me at the same time.

"Where the hell was Zach last night??" I asked them.

"I thought he was with you." Jack said.

I went and got my phone and pulled up the photos Brenda had been showing Zach earlier in the magazines.

"Really?! With me?!" I yelled.

Corbyn grabbed my phone out of my hand to look at the photos and Jack peared over his shoulder to look too.

"Look, we don't know anything about this or where Zach was last night." Corbyn said.

"Oh I believe you. That's EXACTLY why I think he's lying to me." I told them.

"Savannah, come on, he wouldn't lie to you. He's in love with you." Jack told me.

"I don't believe you." I told them, crossing my arms.

"Look, Savannah, he wasn't with us but he wasn't there last night." Corbyn said, pointing to the pictures which indicated he was in some sort of club.

"If you two dickwads are covering for him I SWEAR TO GOD!" I said, yelling at both of them as they leaned back in fear.

"We...we wouldn't cover something like that. We're better than that and we're your friend too." Jack said.

"I can't believe he'd do this to me..." I said, sitting down on the bed holding the magazine.

Just then, we heard a knock at the door.

I walked over and opened it and none other than Zach was standing in the doorway.

"Fuck off." I said, starting to close the door on me.

"WAIT!" He said, stopping the door with his hand and handing me his phone. "You take a look at this and tell me you still think I'm lying to you."

I took his phone and played the video, it was security footage of his hotel room. And, just like he'd said, he'd been there all night.

"I...I don't know what to say..." I said, quietly looking at the video.

"I don't know what it takes you to trust me, but I'm sorry it took security footage to do that." He said, the blatant hurt he was feeling visible in his eyes.

"Zach I-"

"-nope. Got it. I'm all set." He said, taking his phone and turning and walking away from the room.

I stood in the doorway and watched him leave. I closed my eyes and leaned back on the doorway.

"It's gonna be ok Sav. He'll get over it." Corbyn said, coming over and giving me a hug.

"Yeah but one of these days he's not gonna." I told them, feeling the tears forming in my eyes. "And the only person I'll be able to blame for that is myself."