Part 16: "Thank you...for everything last night"

The Next Morning

I woke up and realized Zach was still holding me in his arms. I guess we'd both fallen asleep last night.

Me waking up caused Zach to move too.

"Hey.." He said, his voice raspy, smiling at me, "how you feeling?"

"Better...but uh...we gotta meet the rest of boys in like fifteen minutes in the studio." I said, looking at the time.

"Shit, we overslept." He said, running his hands through his hair.

"Just a little bit." I said, jumping out of bed and heading towards the bathroom.

"Hey," I said, stopping in the doorway.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you...for everything last night."

"Of course Sav, any day any time."

At the studio

"So what are we gonna do?" Corbyn asked reaching for another chip.

"I don't know. We need three songs." I said, thinking.

I really didn't want to have to pull out some of my stuff. Not because I didn't want to give it to the boys but I just had worked hard on those songs and I wanted them to be successful because I'd made them successful.

"And no one has anything?" Jonah said.

"It takes more than a week to write ONE song." Daniel said.

"Funny, yesterday y'all said this would be a piece of cake." I said.

"Well ok, maybe it's not so bad. If someone has something we can at least START with we can go from there." Jack suggested.

We all sat and looked at each other for a few minutes.

I sighed, didn't wanna really have to do this but...I pulled out a couple notebooks from my bag and put them on the table and all of the boys looked at them and then at me.

"Look, none of those are completed but it's at least something to go off of." I told them.

They all began to look through the notebooks taking different pages out and looking at them.

We all went through the notebooks for the next hour or so until...

"WAIT!" Jonah said, holding up one of the pages.

"I have an idea." He said, walking over to a guitar and writing down something really quickly.

"OK just follow." He said starting to play the guitar and singing, "I don't wanna be alone tonight

It's pretty clear that I'm not over you I'm still thinking 'bout the things you do So I don't want to be alone tonight, alone tonight, alone tonight."

Corbyn picked up where he left off, "Can you light the fire?

I need somebody who can take control I know exactly what I need to do 'Cause I don't wanna be alone tonight, alone tonight, alone tonight."

Daniel and Jack jumped in, "Look what you made me do, I'm with somebody new

Ooh, baby, baby, I'm dancing with a stranger Look what you made me do, I'm with somebody new Ooh, baby, baby, I'm dancing with a stranger

Dancing with a stranger"

And then I added what I'd had written, "I wasn't even goin' out tonight

But, boy, I need to get you off of my mind I know exactly what I have to do I don't wanna be alone tonight, alone tonight, alone tonight"

Zach joined in to sing with me, "Look what you made me do, I'm with somebody new

Ooh, baby, baby, I'm dancing with a stranger Look what you made me do, I'm with somebody new Ooh, baby, baby, I'm dancing with a stranger Dancing with a stranger Dancing with a stranger Dancing, yeah, ooh."

We all stopped and looked at each other.

"Guys." I said, looking at them. "I think we just found song one."