Part 12: "Would be even better as a duet"

The next day at rehearsals

I arrived to rehearsals before the boys to practice my music on my own.

I walked in, put my sneakers on and pulled my hair back and popped the demo in for one of my songs.

"Waking up in the same way I did yesterday. Too busy to change my clothes cause I'm too lazy. I just quit my job cause what's the point anyway? Just sit me down with the words that seem to hurt like I do this any day-"

I stopped singing noticing Zach in the doorway.

"No keep going its good." He said, smiling at me.

"Nah I'm good..." I told him, pausing the music.

"Fine. Then I will." He said, walking in and grabbing the papers from me.

"Zach c'mon." I said, rolling my eyes. He played the demo to figure out the tune and then picked up where I left off.

"Cause I can't figure out the words that won't leave my head. Can't find you around so I guess I'll just sleep instead. Can't find you out, so sick of me till the end. You'll forget about me eventually."

I rolled my eyes and took the lyrics back from him. I'd sing my own song thank you, "Can't get away from you no matter how hard I try. You're stuck on me like super glue and you make me cry. Oh I'm losing you and I don't know why. Came to my house in the middle of the night just to get me high."

He joined me, "Cause I can't figure out the words that won't leave my head. Can't find you around so I guess I'll just sleep instead. Can't find you out, so sick of me till the end. You'll forget about me eventually."

"It's a good song." He told me, handing me back the one sheet I hadn't taken from him.

"I know. I wrote it." I said, smiling at him.

"Would be even better as a duet." He said, winking at me.

"We'll see about that one." I laughed and got my things together.

"Where you going? We have rehearsal." He asked.

"Relax I just need more water." I said, laughing at him.

He laughed as he watched me walk out.

I had that boy hooked and I knew it.

The only thing was, I wasn't.