Part 6: "What are you doing here?"

The next morning

I woke up to my phone ringer BLARING in my ear. I leaned over and groggily picked up the phone.

"Hello..." I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Kitchen. NOW." Oh god. It was Brenda and she did NOT sound happy.

I walked down to the kitchen after quickly changing into a sweatshirt and jeans and putting on a bra.

I got to the kitchen and a half-asleep Zach was also sitting at the table.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, confused.

"Brenda called me. Why are you up?" He said, also confused.

"She called me too."

"Oh god is this about what I think it's about?" He said, rubbing his head.

"Yes, it's about what you two think it's about." Brenda said coming in and slamming down a stack of magazines on the table.

"Let's take a look at these headlines shall we?" She said, clearly angry.

She picked up the first one, "Savannah Santoro's Ex Goes Crazy Over New Lover, Santerron? Who Knew?, Shagging the Opening Act?, oh, and my personal favorite Why Don't We Just Smash with it's beautiful play on words and an even more beautiful picture of that boy clocking you in the FACE!"

We both said nothing - we were both too scared too.

"Someone wanna explain this?" She asked us, "Why would ANYONE think you two were dating?!"

"Uh...well...uh...fun story...Sav?" Zach looked at me.

I glared at him. Thanks for throwing this one on me ZACH.

"I uh...ok....uh...BEFORE I knew we were going on tour together I uh...I saw Zach in a grocery store and I swear I had NO IDEA who he was and he had NO IDEA who I was and my ex came up to me and was being REALLY annoying so I was like 'haha sike! I have a boyfriend!' And Zach just played along to help me out and so now he kinda thinks we're dating..." I said, sinking into my chair.

"Well lucky for you two, people are eating this shit up." She said, still mad, leaning back in her chair.

We both looked at each other confused and then back at Brenda.

"So here's the deal," she said, "For this tour, you two are gonna keep this whole 'oh we're dating' thing going." She told us.

"WHAT?!" We both lurched forward in our chairs and looked at her like she had ten heads.

"You heard me. It'll be good for your image Savannah and it'll just...be good for you, Zach."

"How is that even gonna work?" I asked her.

"We'll make it work." She said getting up. "I have press meetings to figure out and to help settle the stories on you two."

She walked to the door and we both followed her still with so many questions.

She stopped in the doorway, "Oh and by we'll make it work I meant, YOU TWO will find a way to make this work." She said, closing the door behind her leaving Zach and I standing in the entryway, our mouths hitting the ground.