Chapter 36: Inevitable

Justin's POV:

* The motherfuckin' drama continues *

I shoot another member, watching his life being snatched away from him.

"That's for my mom," I mumble.

I look at another member who's running towards me with a knife, and I shoot a bullet through his chest.

"That's for my innocent life."

I'm naming important things or people that I lost to the gang life.

I miss my innocent life.

Nothing went wrong.

But, I was a dumb fuck and picked the gang life.

Now, I have to live with this burden.

It's forever in my life.

It somewhat makes me who I am.

I hate it.

I should be able to be married and raise my daughter in a safe environment.

But, the gang life fucks it all up.

"Well, well, well. Look who the fuck it is."

I raise my eyebrow at the masculine voice, before finally turning around and seeing a young male.

The light from the fire makes him clearer to me, so I take the opportunity to look at his features.

Blonde hair, blue eyes, kinda well built. The smirk on his face makes him look insane as fuck.

"Who the fuck are you?!," I spat.

He chuckles at me.

"I'm Cody. I've been eager to finally meet you."

He goes in his pocket and I clutch my gun tight, and the next thing I know, his gun is pointed at me.

"And why the flying fuck were you eager to meet me?!"

"I have a background story ya know," he brings up.

I scoff.

"Then, fuckin' spit it out!," I snap.

He laughs a creepy laugh, somehow pissing me off.

"It's funny you didn't hear from Melissa's aunt before her insane ass shot herself."

I raise my eyebrow.

"How the hell do you know about Melissa?"

"Of course I know about Melissa, especially my gang. All this gang shit was inevitable for her. You just let the gang life hit her earlier than expected."

"What the hell are you talking about?!," I shout, frustration.

"You don't know about the secret? The secret that Melissa's mother had?"

I think about what he's talking about, then a lightbulb goes off in my head.

Before Melissa's aunt shot herself in her head, she told Melissa secrets still remain from Melissa's mother.

She also told her that Valerie still knows.

But, Valerie doesn't. She would've said something by now.

No one knew these secrets, but Melissa's aunt.

"A few years ago, before Melissa's parents died, they made a deal with me. I get Melissa if I helped them with something."

"And that was?," I ask curious.

"To help them get rid of their demons. Melissa's parents killed someone, by accident of course. By it was portrayed as a first degree murder. They needed someone quick and I just happened to show up at the right time."