Chapter 29: Stress

Yo, do you guys fuckin' see that picture of Justin?! Fuckin' sexy as hell! Like damn baby.

Excuse my hormones, enjoy the chap :)

Melissa's POV:

I place my bag on the counter, making sure I have everything before I leave for work.

Valerie is driving me, so at least I have someone to talk to to help clear my mind.

I feel strong arms snake around my waist before holding me tight, and I continue to go about my business.

I feel Justin bury his face into my neck, deeply inhaling my scent.

"Morning baby girl."

"Hi Justin," I respond with no emotion, running through my mental checklist.

I hear him chuckle a little.

"What? No enthusiasm?"

I ignore him and see I have everything in my bag.

"I gotta go. I'll be back tonight."

He leans forward and tries to peck my lips, but at the last second, I slightly turn my head, resulting in me pecking his cheek.

"See you tonight," I say, on my way out the door.

I close the door behind me, heading into the car with Val.

"Well, someone looks unhappy," be brings up.

I slam the car door as I get in, burying my face into my hands.

I take a deep breath before spreading my fingers, leaving spaces for me to see.

"Can you start driving?," I rudely ask.

She nods and obeys, heading to my job.

"So, what's with the pissy mood?," she asks.

I lean my head against the window, looking down.

"Me and Justin got into a couple fights... We've gotten into fights before, but not this bad. The gang life is fuckin' up our marriage."

"Oh. I'm sorry Mel," she sympathetically responds.

I sigh.

"I'm so upset with him. Last night, he tried to cuddle with me and I rejected him. That never happens Val. I love when we cuddle," I explain.

I sigh once more, correcting myself.

"Or used to..." I breathe out.

"So, what's his point of view on the situation?," she asks.

"He says he can't do anything about it since he's stuck in the gang life forever. He says he's gonna protect me and Bella with his life, but I've been put in danger too many damn times."

"Well, yeah. He's a gang leader of one of the best gangs on the East Coast," she brings up.

I groan.

"Val. I fuckin' know that. That's the point. I thought I could handle it, but the stress keeps piling up. Bella isn't in a safe environment either."

"Well, what do you want to do about it?"

I shake my head and lightly bang my head against the window.

" I don't know. Fuck my love life."

* At work *

Val pulls in and we quickly see my boss, waiting for me in front of the front doors.

"Oh shit," I mumble.

"What's wrong?," she asks, concerned.

"I fuckin' ditched work yesterday so now I might lose my job."

"Wait, Justin's okay with you working with that guy?," I asks, pointing to him.

"Why?"

"Melissa, that guy is fuckin' gorgeous. Justin's okay with you being around him twenty four seven and working for him?"

My eyes widen.

"Well, if you consider Justin pulling out a gun after feeling disrespected by him okay with me working for him, then yes," I answer.

"Damn."

"Yup."

"Well, you might wanna get to work. If you need anything, call me."

"I will," I say, grabbing my purse.

I give her a quick hug and get out the car, heading towards the building.

My heart beats out of my chest as I get closer and closer, my hands beginning to shake a little.

I approach as Alexander, seeing an upset face with his arms crossed against his chest.

"Where were you yesterday? We had to continue to plan for our big event Melissa. You knew that."

I sigh.

"I'm sorry sir. I'm just stressed out, having a lot of issues. I promise it'll never happen again."

His face softens and his hands are placed in his pockets.

"Oh. Trouble in paradise?," he asks, referring to my marriage.

As much as I want to tell him to mind his own business, I don't.

I just simply nod.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Next time, call out instead of being missing."

"Yes sir."

We both head inside.

This is gonna be a busy day.

Fuck.

_________________________________

I know. It's a shit chap.

This one wasn't really a tearjerker, the next one probably will be.

Okay?

Want the next chap? 55+ votes and a few comments, and it's all yours!

I love you all and keep it swaggy!

My kik: msswag15