Chapter 28: Distant

Melissa in the picture :)

Melissa's POV:

"Grab Bella," Justin commands.

As much as I'm upset with him right now, I obey.

I hold our little girl in my arms, stepping outside the room.

"I must've forgot to turn on the alarm," he groans.

I sigh.

"I'm just happy that Bella's okay. Why did they leave a box?"

"I don't know," he mumbles.

He takes a deep breath and opens the box.

"What the fuck?"

"What?," I say, confused.

"What's this?," he asks, grabbing something from the box.

He reveals a small piece of paper, looking like it only has a few words on it.

He reads it aloud for us:

Twelve days Bieber. Twelve days.

I raise my eyebrow.

"Another gang?!," I say frightened.

"Looks like it," he nonchalantly answers.

"This is fuckin' ridiculous Justin."

"Baby, everything's gonna be f-"

"No, it's not. I've been shot in the leg and suffered a lot of blood loss, kidnapped, scared outta my mind, and stressed with this gang shit. Justin, this is not safe. Not for me, you, or Bella."

"Melissa, you know I can't do anything about it. It's the gang life. I'm never out. My only choice is to fight and survive."

I just roll my eyes and sigh, taking Bella downstairs.

I already missed work, so I have to explain myself tomorrow.

I look at the clock in the kitchen , seeing it should be time for her to eat.

"I'll make the bottle baby. You can feed her," I hear Justin say as he walks in the kitchen.

I see him with an angry expression on his face, making me more upset with him.

I examine him making the bottle, seeing him slam the bottle against the counter and aggressively make it.

"No need to the fuckin' aggressiveness," I tell him.

"No need for your motherfuckin' commentary," he spats.

"Oh, now you wanna fuckin' be a dick again? Weren't you the one that apologized to me ten minutes ago feeling like a worthless piece of shit?"

"Weren't you the one that wouldn't fuckin' listen to me and started crying?"

My jaw drops.

"Fuckin' excuse me?! Excuse me for fuckin' bawling my eyes out because I was upset because my damn husband brought the fact that he believes I would cheat on him!"

"That's only because-"

"Because you're fuckin' jealous!" I interrupt, finishing his sentence.

"I'm not jealous Melissa! I'm fuckin' protective! I'm sorry that I love you so much that I would resort to anything to protect you!"

"And that includes killing innocent people?!"

"I didn't kill innocent people!," Justin screams.

"You've attempted to!," I point out.

I see the bottle is finally made and I snatch it from his hands, feeding it to Bella.

"I don't need your bullshit Melissa," he groans.

"My bullshit? The only bullshit there is is this gang shit. This is all your bullshit that you dragged me and our own daughter into."

"I didn't drag you into anything. We both wanted to be together, remember? You knew what you were getting yourself into Melissa."

"So, what? You're saying a had a choice? That mall shooting came out of no where and you dragged me out of there, taking me straight to the headquarters. You wouldn't let me leave your sight Justin."

"Because I wanted to protect you, like I do now."

I sigh.

"I'm done arguing for right now Justin. Just let me be."

* Later *

To attempt to take a break from fighting, Melissa and I have had a little get together with our friends.

We don't fight in front of people, but when we're alone, that's when the fights get serious.

"I'm not that worried about the gang trying to get us. We can take them," Connor tells us.

"I'm not scared of shit. Well, except for my mom," Za says.

We all chuckle at him.

"Why your mom?," I ask.

"Because she can smack the living shit out of me," he answers.

"No, seriously. I've seen his mom smack the shit out of him because he cursed in front of her," Khalil adds.

"Oh yeah. I remember that," Chris laughs.

I see Melissa walk by us in the living room, and she glances at me for a quick second and continues her way, attempting to avoid me.

"Aye! Mrs. Bizzle!," Za cheers.

She smiles at him.

"Hey Za," she happily says, waving before heading upstairs.

I look down, placing my hands in my pockets while leaning back on the couch. 

Too bad she didn't smile like that to me today...

"Trouble with Melissa?," Valarie asks, sitting on Connor's lap.

"Umm...," I struggle to answer.

I feel even more upset, thinking about the two heated fights we had today.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I mumble.

I hear Connor clear his throat in an attempt to change the subject.

Love fuckin' sucks.

After the little party was over, I found it hard to catch Melissa's full attention.

She's avoiding and partially ignoring me.

She flips the light switch and climbs into bed, her back faced towards me.

"Night baby girl."

"Night," she whispers.

I move closer to her and reach my arm over, beginning to pull her into my chest.

She wiggles out of my grip and continues to go to sleep, not wanting to have anything to do with me.

I feel my heart shatter as I face the rejection I just endured.

I hold Melissa in my arms every night and I enjoy it.

Sleeping is gonna be difficult for the night.

_________________________________

Whoa....

Next  two chaps are gonna be tearjerkers. Get your tissues ready. :)

Q: Who do you side with the most in Jelissa's two big fights?

Want the next chap? 55+ votes and a few comments, and it's all yours!

I love you all and keep it swaggy!

My kik: msswag15