Chapter 33: One year

* Time passes *

Melissa's POV:

"Baby, come to bed. I know you're exhausted," I hear Justin's exhausted voice softly say.

I continue with my work, ignoring him.

I had a busy day at work, and I even have to finish this idea to help promote Walter Enterprises and present it to big entrepreneurs.

I'm stressing about it.

I finished the speech and everything, I'm just revising it many times.

I continue until I feel a sweet kiss being placed on my cheek.

I turn my head and see Justin's tired, concerned face.

"Baby c'mon," he begs.

I turn back to the pile of papers.

"I'll be up there soon Justin," I respond.

"No, now," he says, taking my hand.

"Justin...," I breathe out.

"Melissa, I know you're tired. C'mon baby. Let's go to sleep."

I shake my head.

"Baby, you've been staring at those papers for hours. It's almost one in the morning."

"Justin, this is important."

"And sleep isn't? Baby, you've got this presentation down packed. You're prepared. It's time to get some rest."

I sigh, closing my eyes before reopening them.

"C'mon baby," he whispers, pulling me up and guiding me upstairs.

I wince in slight ache and pain as I walk, due to all the walking around I did in heels at work.

We reach the bedroom and he sweeps me off my feet, carrying me bridal style.

He kisses my forehead. He places me on the edge of the bed, starting to unbutton my shirt.

I look up in confusion.

"I'm just helping you undress baby girl. I'm not gonna fuck you," he chuckles.

I allow him to continue, and he takes off my shirt. He does the same to my skirt, leaving me just in my undergarments.

He grabs my pajamas and puts them on me before flipping the light switch and climbing into bed.

We both cuddle under the warm blankets, and I feel him bury his face into my neck.

"Justin, you didn't have to do that babe," I whisper.

"I wanted to. I saw how exhausted you were. Now, c'mon baby. Get some sleep."

I nod and turn around, resting my head on his chest.

His steady heartbeat relaxes me as I feel him rub my arm soothingly up and down.

Justin's soft peck on my nose is the last thing I acknowledge before I fade into sleep.

* Morning *

I flutter my eyes open when I realize Justin's arms not wrapped tightly around me.

I rub my eyes and look around.

No Justin.

I shrug my shoulders, knowing he's downstairs somewhere.

I hop out of bed and go straight into the bathroom, brushing my teeth before showering.

My feet still ache a little, but not as bad as last night.

After I'm finished showering and getting ready, I head downstairs to see Justin shirtless eating a bowl of cereal.