Chapter 31: Never

Melissa's POV:

I move a little in an effort to get comfortable in my bed, but also to sleep in a position to help relieve my cramps.

I got my period last night. I fuckin' hate it.

I wince a little and go to place my hand over my abdomen, but I end up placing my hand over someone else's.

My eyes shoot open and I realize I'm in Justin's arms and his hand is placed over my lower abdomen.

I sit up and hear Justin tiredly groan, his eyes fluttering open.

"You okay?," he rasps, massaging my lower abdomen for me.

"Yeah, I'm just confused," I say, rubbing my eyes.

He begins to sit up, scooting closer to me.

I awkwardly clear my throat, looking down.

"Why are you confused?," he asks.

His voice sounds soft and broken, like it has been for a few days now.

"I went to sleep alone and woke up in your arms," I quietly answer, running my fingers through my hair.

"You sounded like you were in pain last night. So, I wanted to hold you and make you feel better."

"Oh...," I say, shocked.

"Yeah. You sounded like you were close to tears. Once I held you, you slept in peace. You didn't feel me grab hold of you?"

I slowly nod my head no.

"How'd you know it was cramps?"

"Because I know you well. You sleep in fetal position when you have your period cramps."

"Oh.. Yeah.. Um, thank you," I awkwardly say.

He sighs and I look at the time. I have to start getting ready for work.

I climb off the bed, but feel Justin gently grab my hand, trying to pull me back.

I look back at him, seeing his facial expression that shows one thing: pain.

"Please don't go," he whimpers.

"Justin, I have to go to work."

"But, baby. I don't want you to."

The evident frown on his face makes me feel upset. It makes me feel sympathy for him.

His eyes scream pain and guilt. They don't light up like they used to, they remain dark.

It's like all the happiness and life got sucked out of him.

He's miserable. He's depressed.

He's trapped in what seems like a forever pool of sadness.

I turn my head and begin to walk to the bathroom, taking a shower.

I adjust the temperature until it's right, then undress myself.

After I undress myself, I hop in, letting the water cascade down my body.

It relaxes me a little.

I point the shower directly at the source of the menstrual cramps, my lower abdomen.

It relieves my cramps, making me feel a little better.

I finish my shower, washing my body and my hair, before hopping out.

I dry myself and just put a pad on, since wearing tampons feel weird to me, especially since I'm already uncomfortable from these cramps.

After I'm dressed, I exit the bathroom and see Justin holding Bella in his arms.