Chapter 27: Broken

Melissa's POV:

"Fuck him. I know you love the job Melissa, but I hate that motherfucker you refer to as your boss."

I groan once more.

We both went to dinner for my boss last night, which resulted into a complete disaster and Justin pulling a gun on him.

It's morning now and I should be getting ready for work.

Now Justin is stopping at nothing to get me to quit my job.

"Justin, he didn't do anything wrong," I point out.

He scoffs at me angrily, taking a step closer to me.

"Are you fuckin' kidding me? He fuckin' disrespected me!"

I cross my arms against my chest, raising my eyebrow.

"Justin, he didn't know that you-"

"I know he didn't fuckin' know he was talking about my gang! It's just the motherfuckin' fact that he was speaking out of ignorance! He's so cocky with his millions of dollars and fuckin' good looks. I want him to fuckin' die to be honest! I should've shot his ass when I had the chance! Melissa, I don't want you working with him! You're not working with that dickhead ever again!"

"Justin, you're not the boss of me."

His eyes scan me up and down, him surprised that I have this much bravery to talk to him in this way when he's like this.

"Fuckin' excuse me?"

My eyes widen a little as he makes me way closer towards me.

I begin to step back until I feel my back hit the wall, Justin putting one arm on each side of me, leaning against the wall.

His face comes closer to mine, his orbs full of rage and frustration.

"Listen baby girl. You need to fuckin' listen to me."

I swallow hard, a little intimidated.

"Or w-what?," I choke out.

"Or you're gonna fuckin' die. I'm telling you this because the gang life is not a motherfuckin' joke baby. Don't let others distract you from reality. This stupid ass job might sound fun and all, but at the end of the damn day, you belong to me."

My breathing gets hitched in my throat as he clenches his jaw tight.

"I'm doing this to fuckin' protect you. Okay? I'm the boss around here. Whatever I fuckin' say, goes. I know what's right, and what's right is for you to not work for Walter Enterprises."

"But,-"

"No buts baby girl," he interrupts me.

I sigh a little, looking down.

"This isn't fair. I shouldn't have to go through this," I whimper.

"And that fuckin' is?," he spats.

"This. I don't wanna quit my job Justin. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me."

My eyes widen as I realized what I just said.

It's not the best thing that's ever happened to me, but it's one of the best.

I go to take it back, but it's too late since Justin is already reacting to it.

"The best thing that's ever happened to you?! Did you already fuckin' forget about me?!"

"Justin, I didn't fuckin' mean it. It just slipped out," I attempt to explain.