Chapter 29

Everyone partied late into the night. Seth was completely tanked by 1am, I had to help him to bed. He was adamant he could still have sex with me if I wanted to, but I was adamant that he was barely conscious. He passed out as soon as his head hit the pillow, I had to take his jeans and socks off. Danny and Dana slept at opposite ends of the coach and the rest of the guys passed out in their trucks. I'd only had a little buzz going so I was up and good to go by 8am. I decided to make some breakfast for all the drunkards in the place so I pulled out two packages of bacon and a dozen eggs. I chopped up some onions and green peppers to add to the eggs, which had become my signature recipe. I put the bacon on a couple baking sheets and put it in the oven, I found it made the bacon a lot crispier that way. Plus, it was easier to deal with grease afterward. While the bacon slowly cooked in the oven I saw a small blue car pull into the yard and park at the end of the line of trucks. I didn't recognize it and everyone was still asleep so I went outside to see who it was. As the trailer door closed I saw Julie get out of the car.

I waved at her casually. She met my gaze and I could tell she had been crying. Julie didn't have a hint of make-up on, her eyes were read and swollen. Her face was so sad; I could tell she wasn't in a good place. I decided to approach her slowly and see what she wanted. As I neared her car she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the ground, "Is Derrick still out here?"

I nodded, "Yeah, he's asleep in his truck." She looked behind me to see his truck parked right where he'd left it last night. Her bottom lip trembled a bit before she muttered, "He texted me last night and told me he was done with me. He doesn't want to be with me anymore." I sighed and nodded.

She started to cry and held herself with her arms. I guessed she had probably been crying all night. I tried to think of a single time Julie had ever been kind to me during my entire life. I couldn't think of one moment. A part of me wanted to hang on to that anger from my childhood and leave her out there with her tears but I thought better of it. I gestured my head toward the fire pit, "Come on, I'll make you a cup of coffee. Come and sit. We can talk about it if you want."

Julie stared at me through her teary eyes, she whispered, "Milk in it please". She followed me to the chairs. I went inside to pour us two mugs of coffee, adding milk to hers. I turned the oven down to low so I wouldn't have to hurry back in to check the bacon and went outside to her. I handed her a mug and sat across from her, "So..."

She took a deep breath, "I just don't understand why he's so difficult. None of the other guys I have ever dated gave me so many problems." I sipped my coffee and listened. I nodded silently, encouraging her to continue, "It's like, I've never had a guy tell me I have to do anything then show up and look pretty. Derrick doesn't like it when I whine, and I know I shouldn't because it's annoying but I can't help it. I've always done it, because it usually gets me my way."

I shrugged, "So he challenges you, that's what you are saying? And you don't like it." Julie sipped her coffee and glared at me, "Why doesn't he just do what I ask him to? That's what he should do. Instead he gets mad at him when I don't want to stay and hang out with his stupid friends."

"Correction, he doesn't care if you want to hang out with his friends. What pisses him off is you go out with him knowing he's going to be hanging out with his friends and expect him to leave the moment you get board. He doesn't force you to go with him." I told her. She furrowed her eye brows, "Did he tell you that?" I nodded.

Julie sighed, "I just don't like going places where I don't know anyone." I nodded, "I get that, but do you try to talk to anyone new when you go to places where you don't know anyone? It's ok to make new friends. Expand your friend base." She glared at me, "I don't need new friends."