Chapter 26

After I finished talking we let my monologue hang in the air for a while. Seth stared into my eyes the entire time. He hadn't interrupted me, he just let me finish my story. I was terrified what he might think of my history. I knew people in a small town liked to talk, I was sure he had heard stories. The reality was less romantic and more pathetic.

When Seth didn't say anything for a while, I reached out and touched his face. I wanted to hear something, anything from him. I whispered, "Say something please." My voice came out weak and scared.

He took my hand from his face and kissed my palm, "Baby, I am in awe of you right now. You have got to be the strongest person I have ever met. I'm shocked that you survived all that in one piece."

I took a deep breath, "I'm not really in one piece yet, but I'm getting better all the time." He shook his head, "No, Margot, you are incredible. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that alone."

Seth pulled me into his arms and held me close. He pulled the quilt overtop of us and snuggled me into his chest. I smiled, "You don't think I'm pitiful?" I felt his face shoot downward to look at me but I couldn't see his face. He whispered, "Never in a million years. I love you so much, baby. Thank you for telling me."

I snuggled closer to his chest and rested my lips in the crook of his neck. I kissed him lightly and closed my eyes, "Thank you for being so good, sweetie. I've never really talked about this before. Just a little bit with Dana. A few of my high school friends know about it, but not all of it."

Seth kissed my cheek, "We can talk as much or as little as you want about it." I nodded but didn't say anything. We lay together in the dark until I heard him lightly snoring.

I moved away slowly and got out of bed. I put on my robe and plugged in both of our cell phones to charge overnight. I cleaned up the kitchen and took a hot shower. I felt relieved that I had finally told Seth everything. Now I needed to decide how I was going to live with Lesley in the same town. I knew no matter what I would run into her, our paths were going to cross. I needed to decide how I was going to handle it. I wouldn't be able to hide out on the Walker farm forever.

The next morning, I woke up a bit earlier and made Seth some eggs for breakfast. He was thrilled and ate up quickly. He kissed me before heading to the shower. I cleaned up the kitchen and went in after him to brush my teeth.

"Baby, everyone will be out around 5pm. Do you need anything from town today?" he asked. Seth got out of the shower and toweled off. I shook my head before I rinsed my mouth.

"We have enough beer in the fridges so I think we are alright there. I texted Nate but he's busy with Renee. I told Danny he has to come tonight, no excuses. He said he would bring his guitar." He told me as he wiggled his eyebrows.

I shot him a glare, "Did you tell him about Dana?" He smiled, "I might have mentioned that she thought he was kind of cute." I rolled my eyes and turned around to face him, "Seth Walker, I told you that in confidence!"

He chuckled and kissed my cheek, "Well I am confident that Danny will play his guitar for her tonight and Dana will swoon." I slapped his shoulder and he smiled at me. What as ass, I thought but I kissed him anyway. Seth kissed me again and got ready for the field. I decided I would head to the house that morning to see Judy instead of her always coming to find me. When I got to the house I found Chris on his way out the door.

"Hey Margot, she's just inside." He said with a big smile. I nodded and moved to the side for him to pass. Seth looked a lot like his dad; tall, fair skin, brown eyes and hair. Chris wore glasses, which probably happened with age. He was a kind man; he didn't say much but he was always friendly towards me. I was grateful for that.