Captured

It was near midnight and Nikolas was sitting in his office working.

A knock resounded in the room and Nikolas shouted, "Come in."

Orion sauntered in casually and sat down in a chair in front of Nikolas' desk.

Orion started, "You put Agnella in the cells?"

Nikolas kept writing and eventually said, "Yeah." He started to type on his computer to control his building anger that Orion was not expecting.

"Why?"

Nikolas immediately stopped typing and faced Orion, "Someone has been betraying the mafia."

"Oh, and you think it's her?"

"No."

Silence passed between them as Orion started to get confused, "Why would you lock her in a cell if you know she isn't the rat?"

Nikolas started Orion down, which shook Orion to the core. He was caught.

"Because I thought it was her, you know since she has access to the times and the dock's location. But when she didn't confess it confused me." Nikolas stood up from his chair and placed his hands down on the large oak desk, "Then, it came to me. She wasn't the only one that had access."

Orion fidgeted in his chair and cleared his throat nervously. Sweat started to crawl down his face.

"Why?"

"My sister-" Orion was interrupted.

"Is sick, yes I know. I have paid for her hospital bill. So why would you need to steal money and my shipments?"

"Because I needed more money and George said he would help me if I did something to help him out." Orion rushed out.

An angry Nikolas banged his fist on the table and shouted, "I would have helped you did you have to steal from me?!"

"I should be running the mafia. You don't deserve the mafia!" Orion said, abruptly.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Nikolas inquired, confused.

"My dad ran this mafia with yours. But of course, you don't remember because you were having a holiday in England, right?" Orion stated, "My dad was left to run the mafia and you came back and you, Nik, took it from me. This is supposed to be mine! All mine!"

"Sorry to disappoint," Nikolas said in a deadly calm voice.

While Nikolas spoke he moved from behind his desk and closed in on Orion, who was now stood up.

"It shouldn't be. It's supposed to be mine!" Orion shouted.

Nikolas threw a powerful punch. Orion stumbled back and touched his lip. Red liquid appeared on his fingers as well as his knee as Nikolas shot him there.

A loud groan escaped the lips of Orion as he crumbled to the ground.

The office door flung open and rushed in, the bodyguards and Leon, who grabbed the gun out of Nikolas's hand.

"Nik, What the-"

Nikolas interrupted Leon, "Take him to the cells!" He commanded the bodyguards to take Orion away.

"Nik, what happened?" Leon asked.

"He was the one giving our location away to the Russians and the same person that's been stealing." Nikolas took a seat in his office chair, slouched.

Leon kept quiet and thought about what Nikolas said. When he focused back on Nikolas, he could see him open a drawer in his desk and was rummaging about in it. He stopped when he found a bottle of whiskey, he began unscrewing the lid before taking a big gulp of it.

"Um, Nik?" Leon questioned as Nikolas took another gulp. It was a strange sight since Nikolas drank occasionally.

"What?!" Nikolas asked, irritated.

"Why don't you go take a rest?" Leon suggested, while gently taking the bottle from Nikolas' hand.

"Fine. But find George and then we can kill them both." Nikolas spoke calmly. His mind ran around thoughts trying to plan both Orion and George's death.

He made it back into the room, where he found Jasmine asleep on the bed alone. It was late, Nikolas left the room around 8 pm to catch Orion and it was now midnight.

Nikolas took a shower and brushed his teeth before going to bed.

Instantly, as he went under the duvet cover, Jasmine rested her head on his chest and sighed unconsciously.

A few hours later, at 4 am, Nikolas' phone buzzed and buzzed and buzzed on the bedside table. Nikolas' eyes opened to the sound and he reached for it while trying not to wake Jasmine, who was still lying on his chest.

When Nikolas read that Orion had escaped and his location was currently unknown, he quickly got out of bed and Jasmine woke up. Rubbing her eyes, "What's going on? Niko."

There was a knock at the door and Nikolas tucked a gun into the waistband of his pyjama bottoms before opening the door.

Agnella, who was bruised and battered, was at the door and said, "We are tracking him now, boss."

Agnella limped away and Nikolas quickly explained, "Orion has escaped somehow. Stay here, okay? I'll be back."

Nikolas rushed out to meet Leon, Agnella and the head bodyguard to track Orion down.

Jasmine was still in a drowsy state but her bladder was screaming at her so she got up and went into the bathroom.

A few minutes passed and Jasmine aimed for the large bed but realised there was a breeze coming through.

"Oh my gosh, Niko, why would you open the window?" Jasmine assumed that Nikolas came back and opened the window for whatever reason.

Meandering tiredly to the window, Jasmine closed it and made sure it was locked and the curtains were closed properly.

She turned to face an eerily lit room. Nikolas had switched on the bedside lamp before leaving the room.

As Jasmine was making her way back, someone had put their hand over her mouth to stop her from making a sound and a sharp prick entered the side of her neck.

The figure had moved away from a little still holding on to her body but her mouth was not covered anymore.

Trying to make a sound to alert someone, however, nothing escaped. It was like she had been paralysed. The unknown drug took effect and Jasmine's heart began pumping as if she was sprinting a race. She didn't know if it was from the fact she was getting kidnapped or because her fear of needles.

Her eyes started to droop as she fought to stay awake but could no longer resist. The figure carried her out of her haven.