- these ties that bind

[ season 5 episode 8 ]

"Hello!" Holly said, too loudly for Derek's liking. He rolled his eyes as another person jumped onto his bed next to his girlfriend. "So hear me out, George is stupid-"

"I thought we already established that." Cristina said with a shrug and then sipped on her coffee, yelping when Holly hit her on the arm.

"Children." Derek warned as he got out of bed. "Play nice." He smiled at Meredith before walking out the room, he slippers shuffling against the wood.

"Rude, don't be mean to George. Anyway..." Holly was cut off this time by someone running up the stairs and shouting.

"Death! Come on, where are you! Death!"

A blonde woman comes running into Meredith's room, hugging Meredith. "Death!"

"Death?" Holly whispered to Cristina, "What kind of nickname is that?"

"Die! Oh, my God, it's been.." Sadie then sat herself on the bed, between Holly and Cristina - pushing them aside.

"Die? That's literally like telling her to- what is happening!" Holly exclaimed, only to be ignored.

"Forever, you look like.. " Sadie said with a smirk as she faced Meredith. "You look like..." Meredith said with a smile.

"Death!" They shouted in unison, Holly only blinked as she watched the two. Cristina replicating the same facial expression, their mouths wide open in shock, watching the pair wide-eyed.

"Kill me now." Holly muttered, this was going to be a long day if Sadie was sticking around. "Hey." Cristina said, ignoring Holly's comment and interrupting Sadie and Meredith.

"Uh.."

Cristina pointed at Sadie with a raised eyebrow, "Who are you?"

"I'm Sadie, who are you?"

"I'm Cristina." Meredith and Sadie both laugh resulting in Cristina leaving the room, leaving behind a still shocked Holly.

Cristina sighed halfway down the stairs and walked back up, "By the way, you broke Holly." Cristina said before dragging Holly out of the room and into the kitchen.

×××

"Apparently, they went backpacking around Europe or something. Before med school. That woman kicked me out of bed." Cristina complained as she sat on a stool, Cristina on one side of Derek as Holly sat on a stool on the opposite side.