- losing my mind

[ season 4 episode 15 ]

Mark sloan had never experienced true love he had never had someone pour their heart and soul into him. When he met holly Webstone he was infatuated, the way she smiled at a terrible joke, the way her jokes were extremely terrible. The way she saw past everyone's opinions and judgements.

It was safe to say that over time, Mark Sloans likeliness for this girl turned into something stronger at the start he couldn't name it, he was confused. They had never labelled themselves as girlfriend and boyfriend, frankly they hadn't even had that discussion.

When he realised he was in love with the girl, he didn't know how to express it, at first he doubted that she even felt the same. And then he saw the way she smiled at him, the way she became calmer around him.

Holly Webstone was diffrent to anything Mark Sloan had ever felt, and he loved the way she made him feel, but in the end he was afraid of destroying the love, the comfort and care Holly Webstone had created.

Mark sloan was afraid to love.

×××

"What are you thinking about?" Holly asked as Mark rested his head on her stomach and as she ran her hand through his hair.

He thoughts were clouded with the thoughts of her, the way she got excited whenever she saw lilo and stitch. The way if she was tired she'd instantly lean onto his shoulder, the way that even at 6am she'd sing backstreet back at the top of her lungs. Those were one of the many things he liked about her. No, it was one of the many things he loved about her.

"Nothing, don't worry." Mark said, making Holly do the opposite, she was worried. He looked like he was confused maybe even afraid. "Are you sure? I mean we could go sing backstreet boys, or um mamma Mia?" Holly asked as Mark forced a smile and shook his head.

"Let's just lie here." Mark said as Holly nodded and ran her hands through his hair.

She was confused, normally he'd be dragging her out of the bed, asking if she wanted to take a shower with him with his classical smirk. Or if she wanted to make waffles and then hide in the laundry room if Izzie came downstairs. He was usual full of energy and now he lay thinking in the bed, weighing his two options.

×××

Mark Sloan had never been a man who received much love, he had rarely ever felt it. Today he stood at the nurses station trying to figure out what to do. Whether to tell her how he felt, or break her heart.

"Where's Karev!" Mark said running his hands down his in frustration. "I need my bone dry cappuccino." Mark mumbled as Holly approached with a wide smile and passing him the cappuccino.