- now or never

𝗠𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗦𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[ season 5 episode 24 ]

I'm George , George O'Malley "

" I'm drunk "

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

George O'Malley and Holly Webstone are best friends. Correction, they were. They were best friends.

Partners in crime, each others person, etc. Whatever other label you had for best friends. You'd find it hard to find one without the other, unless one gets hit by a bus. Then it's kind of difficult, isn't it?

But today, when Holly Webstone woke up it was just another day. ( sort of ) . After, Izzie Steven's surgery yesterday everyone had made a pact to spend the night in her room. ( spending their last moments as a full group together , of course at the time they didn't know that )

The room of Izzie Steven's was peaceful, the six people in the room peacefully sleeping , no worries about what would happen today. Peace. It's wonderful isn't it? When the blanket covers your feet and your whole body , you feel at peace in the warmth.

But, it can only last so long. When you feel like your getting to the best part in your dream ( in Holly's case, her and Mark have just finished buying their eighteenth horse on their large plot of land. In addition to all those horses they have twenty six dogs , eight ponds of fish. And two lions? ) and then someones pager just has to go and ruin your dream.

Holly groaned as she woke up, Bailey finding it oddly amusing that as a doctor Holly hated waking up this early. So she took the chance to make fun of her. "C'mon little Holly. Wakey, wakey." Bailey began to tickle Holly on the bottom of her feet, making Holly squeal and almost kick Bailey in the face.

Bailey walked out the room laughing as she went to answer the chiefs page. "Good morning my least favourite people."

Oh, Holly , your day may start well but it definitely doesn't end well.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Cal?" Holly queried as she tied her trauma gown, entering the room with an unidentified male, dragged by a bus.

"Oh thank God! I don't... I don't know what happened. One minute I was crossing the road and the next I'm on the ground and thus guy, saved me. I didn't look both ways, why didn't I look both ways!" Cal exclaimed, his hands shaking from the near death experience he just had. If it wasn't for the John Doe, Cal would be dead right now.

"Webstone! Get him out of here!" Owen ordered, Holly turned to her brother. Cal was clearly in a state, mumbling under his breath, as pale as the vampires in twilight.

"Right, okay. Cal, just take some deep breaths for me, okay? Remember that time as kids when I kinda threw your turkey teddy into an incinerator. And you cried for like an hour, what did we do to make you stop crying?" Holly spoke slowly, wanting to reminisce on the past time but now didn't seem fitting to do so.

"You... you made lasagne and almost burnt the house down, so we ordered Chinese." Cal remembered, thinking about the teddy he loved from a young age, watching as a no older than five Holly threw it into a incinerator.