- elevator love letter

[ season 5 episode 19 ]

Mark groaned when he heard the sound of the phone ringing, he was just about to fall asleep. He could feel his eyelids grow heavy but no, the phone just had to ring.

He leant over Holly's sleeping body, and grabbed the phone off the bedside table. "It's three in the morning fuc-"

"Callie?" Mark questioned, he was listening to Callie rant from the over side if the phone, she spoke so fastly that Mark couldn't even understand. Three words spoke out to him, Owen , choking and Cristina.

Mark held the phone between his ear and shoulder as he shook Holly's shoulders. This was not going to be a pretty sight and she would surely be in a terrible mood all day. "Hey, we gotta go." Mark whispered as she started to stir awake.

Meredith came crashing through the bedroom, panting as she tried to put her shoe on. Mark was guessing Meredith had also received the same phone call.

"Come on!" Meredith's voice was way too loud for Holly who just woke up, so she whined and put the pillow over her head.

Mark sighed and nodded his head towards the door, telling Meredith he would handle it. "Owen choked Cristina." Mark revealed making Holly shoot up from the bed.

"Well, why are you still sat there we've got to get moving!"

×××

Meredith had driven to Callie and Cristina's apartment with Mark and Holly. And they now stood outside the apartment door, Holly impatiently knocking on the door.

"Will you stop that?" Meredith asked, Holly turned her head to face Meredith and knocked the door again. Meredith rolled her eyes as Callie opened the door, all three rushing into the apartment.

"Do I need to beat him up?" Mark and Holly asked in unison, turning to each other and tilting their heads.

"Where is she?" Holly asked next, leaving the beating up to Mark. It was way too early for her muscles to be punching people.

"In the bathroom." Callie replied, Meredith and Holly looked at each other before walking straight to the bathroom and knocking lightly on the door.

"Cristina. It's me and Mer." Holly leant her ear against the door, listening in for any movements.

"Cristina!" Meredith knocked on the door, much harsher than Holly resulting in a slap on the arm.

Holly heard Cristina sigh before unlocking the door, Cristina looked into the mirror as Holly and Meredith entered.

"What's going on? Owen's out there upset." Holly turned her head to Meredith at her question. Did she not know why they had been called at three am? Someone really needed to get her in the loop.