CHAPTER 35

RECALLING ALL THE special moments he's had with Mikaela makes him feel better. Madami pa siyang hindi nasasabi dito kaya naman kahit nakapikit ito at wala pang malay ay kinakausap at kinukwentuhan niya ito. He has told her of stories about the day they met until he proposed to her. Once she wakes up, he'll tell her these things again. They'll have a lifetime for that.

"Do you remember the day we first met?" Tanong niya sa nobya kahit na alam niyang hindi siya naririnig nito. "Honestly, I was having a bad day that time but somehow I felt like I needed to help you, be there for you. Look at us nearly ten years later. I never thought that there would come a time that I can't live without you. You were right, you're my end game."

***

KAIROS WAS BUSY downing his drink when he noticed that the young girl who sat beside him kanina was out in the dance floor. She tried to talk to him kanina but he wasn't in the mood to be friendly or whatever with her, besides the fact that she looked too young. He had a bad day today, kaya andito siya and he's not in the mood to flirt or do anything with anybody.

As he was leaving the bar ay nadaanan niya yung babae and there was this man who was indecently rubbing himself against her.

"You are too close," he heard her say to this man. Halata na nagtitimpi lang ito at ayaw gumawa ng eksena.

"Oh, but I like being close beautiful." Tapos pinulupot nito ang braso sa beywang nung babae at hinatak pa ito papalapit. "Come on, wag ka na magpakipot."

"Sabing bitaw eh." She told him. Tinutulak niya ito pero nakapulupot pa din ang braso nito sa dalaga.  "Let me go—"

"Pare, let go." Kairos intervened. Hindi niya alam kung bakit but he knew he needed to help her.

"Pare, wag ka na makialam sa amin." Tinabig nito ang kamay ni Kairos. He can clearly smell the liquor stench coming out of his mouth. 

"I think you're just bothering her." He stated the obvious.

"Oo, hindi ko naman kilala yan eh." Singit nung babae. She was just actually as drunk as this guy, well he smelled like liquor too but she was looking at him straight. "Ang bastos pa."

Hindi na nakasagot pa sa ang lalaki kasi may dalawang bouncer na ang kumuha dito papalayo sa kanila. Imbes na kausapin pa ang babaeng tinulungan niya ay umalis na din siya. It's time to call it a night.

As Kairos was about to get into his car he noticed the young woman again, wobbling her way towards the parking lot. Wala man lang ba itong kasama? She looks so drunk. She walked towards a white sedan a few parking spaces away, walang sasakyan sa pagitan nila kaya naman kita niyang umupo ito sa parking mismo, to rummage through her small bag. Then the girl laughed and celebrated when she saw what she was looking for, her keys.

Is she going to drive at this condition? She stood up again and stared at her car. Her already short dress was shorter, siguro tumaas noong naupo at tumayo ito mula sa sahig. What is she thinking? Hindi na halos namalayan ni Kairos na higit labinlimang minuto na niyang pinapanood ito.

Kairos noticed a group of men approach the drunk girl he saved earlier. She was still staring at her car for some reason. They approached her and he felt what he felt earlier again, he was concerned for her. He can't explain it but that's how he felt right now. Before he knew it, he was approaching the girl and those three men who were trying to talk to them.

"I found my coat," sabi niya ng may kalakasan noong makalapit siya.

"Pare may kasama." Rinig niyang bulong nung isang lalaki.