Part 41- finally

I woke up this morning and realised that I don't really have any date appropriate clothing because I didn't expect to be going on a date while I was away from home. I sent a text to Niki to see if she was willing to go shopping with me this morning which she said she was so thats where I'm about to go. She is getting me to meet her somewhere I know and then we will walk into the main town centre.

In the town centre Niki showed me some stores but they didn't have anything that looked good or suited me until we made one last attempt and found a really cute outfit that fitted me great and showed off the right places. Not going to lie I felt really good in it which doesn't happen often and Niki was not going to let me leave without buying it even if I chose not to wear it on the date.

"You look so pretty that suits you so well" she said

"I think this is the fit" I said

She agreed with me so I brought the outfit and then we walked round a bit more just for fun and we went into a makeup store and Niki showed me this palette that she thought would really complement my eye colour and I have to admit it was really pretty, it only had 4 eyeshadows in it but they all went perfectly together to create a full look. I didn't really bring loads of  makeup with me because I didn't think about it so I decided to buy the palette so that I had something to jazz up my appearance later.

We headed back after that because it was about 3pm and Alex said he wanted to leave at 4:30 so I would have to think about getting ready not that long after I get back, Niki is also coming with me because she's going to help me do my hair because I'm not very good at doing it and thats what girls do help each other get ready for dates.

The two of us shut Alex out of the bedroom so that we could work together, I had washed my hair this morning and it was still slightly damp so I used a hair dryer on it to make it perfectly dry and ready to style. I let Niki work her magic and do whatever she thought would look best, she played around a lot but ended up doing a small braided bun with a braid also going into it over the top of my head. She also pulled out some of my front hairs and curled them.

For the next part of the getting ready process I had to put my outfit on which still looked good after a few hours and eating which is always a bonus in an outfit. I also did my makeup mostly by myself but eyeliner is something I struggle with so Niki did perfect wings for me which really completed the took.

It got to 4:15 and I was completely ready so I unlocked the door and followed Niki out the room to go and find Alex who was sat with Wilbur on the sofa. Neither of them noticed us come out so Niki coughed which got their attention. Alex looked at me and his jaw dropped and he came over to me right away to give me a hug.

"You look stunning" he said

"Thank you, you look good too" I said

"Are you ready to go?" He asked

"Yep" I replied

He took hold of my hand and we headed out the house following directions on his phone to a restaurant that was recommended to us by Wilbur. We were going quite early because Alex has other plans afterwards and wants it to be light out so thats what happening.

We were having a great time at dinner and it was quiet in the restaurant because of the time but an old couple came in and were typically seated right next to us. They were very nice and talked with us while the both of us waited for our food, they were quick to figure out that we weren't from here so we talked about the US and sort of why we came over but not too much detail because we didn't think they would understand the whole streaming thing.

"You two seem like a lovely couple" the lady said

How does this happen everywhere we go? I know we act like a couple at times and we are sat at a restaurant together but I have never heard anyone else say they have had this experience this many times its starting to get a little weird.

"Thank you" I said

"You better treat her right boy because shes a good one" I heard the man half whisper to Alex

The both of us kind of blushed and didn't know what to say but we were saved by our food arriving. We finished our meal and said goodbye to the other couple as we left but couldn't stop laughing when we got out talking about how weird that whole interaction was.

It did make me think about life a little bit though because me and Alex act just like a couple just without the label so would there really be any difference if we just put the label on it? I really don't think there would at this point, before I was worried that it would change things but now we are so comfortable with one another that I don't think it will change anything. For me its a big decision to make because I have had bad experiences in the past with getting into relationships too quick but this time I think I'm ready to just throw caution to the wind and put my full trust in Alex.

We went on a walk along the seafront together and went to the pier to explore a little bit. There was a lot of things on the pier like and arcade and some rides like this weird looking thing that just spins people around but what me and Alex were more interested in and that was a doughnut stand. Of course we couldn't pass up the opportunity so the both of us got a doughnut and went down to the beach to sit and eat them while looking at the waves. It was low tide so there was a lot of beach and even some sand near where the waves were breaking.

Time got lost on us as we were caught up deep in conversation but soon enough the sun was beginning to set quickly and the tide was starting to come back in. Neither of us wanted to leave yet so we didn't we just sat and watched the sun set together, it was different here it was more spectacular without the light pollution and general constant business of California.

"Y/n" Alex said

"Yeah" I replied

"Will you officially be my girlfriend?" He asked

Before I could answer him he realised what he said and started to ramble.

"Wait I'm sorry you don't have to if you don't want to yet I get it it just felt like a good moment but now I regret asking" he rambled

"Hey stop its ok I want to be your official girlfriend" I laughed

"Wait really" he said

I didn't reply with words just nodded and leant in to give him a kiss. The kiss was sweet and full of meaning of all the things we haven't said to one another because we were too scared. It felt different now but in a good way I felt secure knowing Alex was mine and I was his there was no need for insecurity about him leaving so easily and now we didn't have to try and explain our weird situation to others.

After that we headed back to Wilbur's where he was waiting with Niki for the two of us to come back, that made me realise that Alex had always planned to ask me to be his girlfriend and they knew and wanted to hear how it went.

"It's official" Alex said

Niki came over to give me and hug and started talking about how excited she was for me since we have talked about this sort of thing quite a bit in our long chats that we have most weeks. Wilbur gave Alex a pat on the back obviously proud of him for actually having the courage to ask me. Wilbur talked about how Alex was super nervous to ask and that he's been coaching him all day and building up his courage which was just the sweetest thing ever that he was nervous.

Authors note: what do you guys think? Are you happy that they are finally together because I am