Part 27- furnishing

Since I'm moving so soon I need to order furniture for the house or I'll end up living on the floor which won't be fun. I have some furniture to bring with me but not a lot and some of it could do with updating to fit the vibe I want to go with.

I made plans to go round a bunch of shops to look at all their furniture and some other places for decor items so that place feels more homely when I move in. I wish I could get some of the things from my old childhood room but I don't get on with my parents so they won't let me go back for anything.

I was going to go with Amelia but shes busy with work so she can't come with me. I don't mind going alone but I just know some man is going to treat me like toddler when I'm looking at more technical things like TVs and other things I'll need for the place, which I just detest so much I mean I probably know more than they do.

I set off pretty early like around 10 because I had to go quite far out to get to the big furniture places like ikea which I plan to get a bunch of furniture from. The drive was chill I had my phone on the aux cord and played my playlist on shuffle, there is a few new song on my playlist that Alex added when he was here and now they just remind me of our time spent together.

Hey there Delilah came on and my mind went straight back to a few days before Alex left when we were lying on the sofa together just chilling and he started singing this song to me, I hadn't heard him sing properly before but he was actually really good when he did. I loved listening his voice it was so soothing and thats how all of these new songs made their way into my playlist because he sang them to me.

By the time I made it to ikea I was really in my feels because I had been listening to all the songs that reminded me of Alex. I got myself together and got out the car going into ikea, there was pretty much no one there because it was the middle of the week and most people are at work.

I made my way round the maze that ikea is and looked at the furniture they had, I made a list of all the boxes I would need on my phone which probably isn't smart because I need to store these boxes before I move but it will be fine.

I collected a ton of boxes for bedside tables, chests of draws and other furniture. I went to the check out and spent a ridiculous amount of money that I almost didn't want to but I convinced myself that I had the money from selling my apartment.

I went to leave the store and go to my car when a man came over to me and offered to help me put everything in my car. He quite clearly didn't think I was capable because he wouldn't take no for an answer and followed me to my car. I decided to show him by just lifting everything right in with absolutely no help, the look on the mans face was priceless he looked like I had just killed his family he was so shocked.

"Is everything alright?" I asked the man

"No need to have such an attitude" he scoffed

I simply smiled and got in my car driving away, it was so satisfying to leave him stood there like an idiot. It shouldn't feel this good but it does its like a small victory against all the sexist people in this day and age.

I didn't really need to drive to the next store but I did it just to get away from this man. I was going round looking for sofas and for a new mattress when Alex called me, I decided to answer seeing as there wasn't many people around.

"Hi, whats up" I said

"Nothing I just woke up and wanted to talk to you" he replied

"Do you mind switching to FaceTime I'm furniture shopping and could use some help deciding" I said

"Ooh, yeah sure give me one second I'll call you back" he said ending the call

I waited a few seconds before he called me back on FaceTime and I showed him what I was looking at and we decided on things together before I actually ordered them. He told me to get a grey sofa because he said it would go best which he was right about, I have always been awful at making decisions so its nice to have someone help me.

I got all the furniture I could before the move some of it can be done closer to the time or once I've moved in. I also need to go to the estate agents to sign some more paperwork and do some other important things.

When I got there the estate agent asked me where Alex was because he went with me last time, I regret bringing him with me now because it involves telling people that we aren't dating and he's just a friend. Come to think of it people must think that I'm like super rich or something to be buying a house at my age but I'm really not its just hard to explain that you won a challenge that involved putting lights on a house and thats why I have all this money.

I signed all of the paper work and the estate agent gave me an actual moving date which was the 3rd of next month which is actually more like 3 weeks away so its a good thing I went furniture shopping today because it should all arrive by that day.

Before I drove back home I text Alex giving him my actual moving date because he tells me he cares even though I think he doesn't. He was really excited and told me that on the day I had to keep him updated and tell him if he could do anything to help from Mexico which was sweet of him.

I went home and unloaded all of the boxes from my car and stuffed them in the corner of my room trying to make it so they wouldn't be in my stream background but it was impossible and of course when I streamed people asked me questions so I just said I was moving and left it at that.

Authors note: the next part will be the moving day plus an extra little surprise so be excited