Part 33- chill

Today is Alex's last day with me here in California which is the saddest thing ever but at least I will see him again in a few weeks when we go to England together, I'm actually going to see him in 3 weeks a few days before we fly because I'm going to go to Mexico so we can spend some time together again.

Even though we aren't official it feels like we are doing long distance which I guess we kind of are but I never thought it would be as hard as it is. When you can't just go and see the person you love whenever you feel like it and you don't get to wake up next to them everyday it's difficult. Sometimes I get sad over the fact that Alex isn't just here but I have to remember that we can always go and see one another and we talk everyday so its not that bad it just feels worse.

Me and Alex woke up at the same time today but neither of us wanted to get up to we laid there watching tv together. Alex had his arm around my waist loosely from where we had slept but he pulled me closer so that I could rest on my head on his chest which I happily did. He played with my hair which was kind of greasy but he didn't seem to care so I just let him do what he wanted.

We watched a few episodes of the good place together before we felt it was time to get up so I showered and washed my hair. I also got ready for the day not that we had anything planned but I felt like getting ready. Downstairs Alex had ordered breakfast for the both of us which arrived just after I got down the stairs so I went to the door but Alex followed me and stood behind me as I opened the door to keep me safe.

The man was pretty creepy not really caring that Alex was there because he was trying to flirt with me and get my number which was never going to happen because there was no way he was less than double my age and I don't like that. I told him that I wasn't going to give him my number but he persisted so I turned around and gave Alex a look to say help me.

"Is everything alright there babe you've been gone for a while" he said coming up right behind me

"I'm fine just waiting to get the food" I said

"Well ok how much is it man I'll pay you can go back inside babe" he said

I walked away but stayed within ear shot to hear what was about to go down because I had a feeling that it wasn't going to go entirely smoothly.

"Is she really your girlfriend I mean she didn't reject me asking for her number you might want to watch out" the guy said

"Oh I'm not worried shes not one to reject others to save their egos but I think she's perfectly happy so if you don't mind I'll take that from you and we will go back to our celebrations" Alex said

"Oh of course can I ask what celebrations" the man asked

"We just got engaged" Alex said

I almost died laughing at the delivery drivers face when Alex said that it was like someone had just hit him with a bus. I couldn't believe how good Alex was at just acting like that I would never know what to do in those situations. I really appreciated him doing it though he saved me from a whole load of awkwardness and probably going without breakfast.

Alex shut the door in the guys face after he paid him so that he couldn't say anything else to us, he walked back over to the wall that I was hiding behind and took my hand taking me back to the comfort of the living room where there was no strangers trying to hit on me.

We ate breakfast and then decided that we wanted to get in the pool for a little while because it's heated so it would be nice and warm for us just to hang out in. I dug out one of my swimsuits which were still in boxes because I hadn't got round to them yet but in the end I found a plain black bikini with a few gold details which was simple but stylish so I put it on and covered it with a t-shirt so I didn't get freezing cold before getting in the pool.

When I got down Alex was already in the water waiting for me and he had put towels by the side for when we got out. He said he had put the heater on so it was warming up I took my t-shirt off and jumped over him to land in the water right in front of him.

He grabbed me as I came up to the surface and pulled me towards him so that our faces were only inches apart and our bodies were almost touching. He grabbed hold of my jaw and closed the gap between our lips kissing me sweetly, I could feel him smile as he kissed me and his eyes were locked with mine in a deep stare.

We pulled away after a few seconds but Alex still held me close to him with a tight grip clearly not wanting to let go. I moved slightly so that I was floating by his side instead of right in front of him. We stayed like that by the edge of the pool for ages not even saying anything just looking at one another and occasionally Alex would kiss me.

It felt good spending this proper quality time with him doing nothing other than being with one another away from our jobs and our Internet personalities. We get to be real people together and it's refreshing. When you do what we do it can be hard to separate yourself from the person you portray because everything is online and anyone can see what you say so it has to be in character but when I'm with Alex I let that all go and I become the real version of me.

I didn't want to leave this dream world that we had entered in but eventually it became cold just floating there in one part of the pool and we were dragged out of our bubble by the need for warmth which was unfortunately quite necessary. Alex got out the pool first and I followed shortly after, he came towards me with the towels that he took out here and wrapped one round my body so that my arms and legs were pretty much covered and the warmth came back to my skin.

I dried myself off a little before the both of us went inside to get back into normal clothes of which I opted for one of Alex's hoodies which I have taken as my own over the past few days. When we were dressed I had to help Alex pack to go back home in a few hours, we wanted to do it slowly so that it didn't feel like he was leaving but if we did that we would have less time together so we didn't and decided that we would spend our time meaningfully.

By meaningfully I mean cuddled up together watching both of our favourite Disney films, we watched both of our favourite films which passed most of the time that we had left together but it was fun. Alex didn't let go of me the whole time, I was sat in his lap and he had his arms around my waist with his head resting on mine.

We spent our last half an hour together talking about our favourite memories both with each other and before we knew each other which was honestly a bit emotional remembering moments that we had that we wished we could go back to for certain reasons.

Alex had got an uber to take him to the airport because he didn't want me to have to drive him there and then have to drive back, so I helped him get all of his bags in the car before we said goodbye to one another. He pulled me into a hug by my waist and pushed my head up by my jaw placing his lips on mine softly for the last time in a few weeks. He pulled away first giving me one last extremely tight hug before getting in the car and being driven away.

I went back inside after I watched the car drive away to edit the footage I had from the other day because I've done no work for the past week meaning I had to do something to get myself back on track with my schedule and if that meant staying up to edit thats what I'd do.

I got through most of the footage watching what Alex and Karl were doing all the way through so that I knew what bits to leave in and take out when I got to a strange part. Alex had the camera on his face and he was talking to me telling me that I looked pretty, this brought a smile to my face knowing that he cares enough about me to leave me secret messages in my videos.

I loved the clip but I couldn't keep it in the video or it would just out everything going on between me and Alex so instead I took the clip and saved it as a separate video just for me to watch if I ever miss him or need some encouragement.

My prediction of having to stay up late was quite right I stayed up until 3am editing and subtitling the video which was quite painful especially as the time got on and I couldn't spell anymore so I had to keep redoing each subtitle. Once the video was finally done I exported it while I got ready to get in bed which wasn't going to happen for a little while yet but it felt nice to be ready to just collapse when I was done. I finally got into bed at 4:30 am which is definitely going to bite me in the ass tomorrow but at least I got some work done.