Landslide

Lindsey hadn't seen much of Stevie since he played her demo in the studio earlier that day. When he heard her voice and really listened to the lyrics he felt something, something he had never felt before, even writing his own songs. Something about Stevie made him feel so vulnerable, and if he were honest, it scared the shit out of him. He stood in the kitchen opening a bottle of wine, eyeing Stevie out of the window. She was sitting crosslegged on a patio chair with one of Lindsey's guitars across her lap. He smiled, taking two wine glasses down from the cabinet. Juggling the wine glasses he carefully slid open the sliding glass door joining Stevie on the patio. Stevie stopped strumming the guitar abruptly.
"Hey, didn't mean to interrupt." Lindsey said smirking as he sat down the wine glasses on the side table.
Stevie sat the guitar down and they both looked out at the crashing ocean waves in silence. It was dusk, the sky looked like a watercolor painting. The sound of the waves lapping the shore was soothing.
"Steph. That song today, was amazing. I- Actually am kind of lost for words." Lindsey said running his hands through his curls.
Stevie looked at him and then back out at the horizon.
"It's about you." She said keeping her eyes ahead of her.
Lindsey sat up.
"Huh?"
"It's called Landslide. It was written about you." Seeing Lindsey's reaction gave Stevie a sense of satisfaction.
Once again he was lost for words, Stevie had a tendency to do that to him.
"Steph." He said reaching over and resting his hand on her leg. Stevie looked at him his eyes pooled with tears.
"I guess it was just my way of thanking you, for everything. Linds you saved me. I mean physically you saved me, from Don, from the abuse. But emotionally, you saved me from myself. I have a way of pushing everybody out, and you're the only one who has ever stayed. You're the only one who's bold enough to call me out on my bullshit, and even though I'd like to hate you for it... I love you."
Lindsey's eyes lit up.
"You love me? Steves I loved you the moment I laid eyes on you all those years ago."
Stevie leaned over to Lindsey taking her finger and delicately wiping away a tear streaming down his cheek.
"You know the line, 'the landslide bring it down'?"
Lindsey nodded.
"It's just that when I'm with you, and I feel like everything around us is crumbling, falling apart, I know that as long as we have each other everything is going to be okay. Regardless of what's going on around us."
Stevie laced her hands with Lindsey's squeezing it tight.
"And that line 'I've been afraid of changin'? I was scared to leave Don. I was terrified because Don had been my whole life since I was like 16. It was always Don and I. I never learned to be my own person, to be Stevie. But you've encouraged me and pushed me Linds, to make my own decisions and be true to myself. I just..." The lump in Stevie's throat didn't allow her to continue. Lindsey reached over pulling her into him. Her sobs uncontrollable now. Lindsey's head laid on Stevie's shoulder, he was crying too.
"Shhh... Steph." He whispered softly. "I'm so proud of you."
Stevie sniffled as she pulled away from Lindsey's chest. She cupped Lindsey's chin in her hands.
"Thank you." She mouthed, still unable to get any words out.
Lindsey gave her a soft smile, his bright blue eyes still twinkling from the tears. He ran his fingers through her hair pulling her into his lips. In one fluid motion Stevie stood up and straddled Lindsey's lap. He wrapped his arms around her tight and she gripped at his curls.
She ran her tongue around his lips begging for entrance which he gladly accepted. Stevie let out a soft moan as Lindsey lightly bit her bottom lip. Stevie grasped at the hem of Lindsey's tshirt pulling it over his head and tossing it to the floor. She ran her fingernails along his chest before removing her own shirt.
"Steph." Lindsey said softly.
Stevie reached around to undo her bra before taking Lindsey's hands in hers and rubbing them along the contour of her upper body before finding her breasts. Lindsey's breathing became shallow, as he memorized every one of Stevie's features. He didn't want to blink and miss anything. Stevie ran her hands down to Lindsey's belt buckle fumbling with it for a moment until successfully undoing it.
"Stevie, babe." He exhaled shakily.
She began to work on the button on his jeans, slowly groping him in the process. Lindsey closed his eyes tight, he knew he had to stop her, for her own good.
"Baby stop." He said, this time sternly. Placing his hands over hers and removing them from his crotch.
Stevie looked at him, hurt flashed in her eyes, Lindsey could tell. She quickly un-straddled Lindsey and gathered her shirt from the floor, slipping it over her head.
"Steph, it's not that I don't want to. I do, I really do. I just don't want to push you or rush this. I'm not like Don. I don't want you to do things for me, I want you to do them for you. I can look in your eyes and tell that you're not ready... And that's okay." He reached out taking Stevie's hands in his bringing them up to his lips and kissing them gently. The hurt in Stevie's eyes dissipated, a smile forming on her face. She sat down on Lindsey's lap once again, this time burrowing herself into his bare chest.
"I love you Steph."
"I love you too." She sighed contently.