Dreams

Lindsey settled into bed that night and even given the circumstances something felt good about Stevie sleeping just through the wall.
It didn't take long for him to drift off, but it also wasn't long until he was woken up.
"Linds. Lindsey?" Her soft voice brought him back to consciousness.
"Steph?!" He sat up quickly. "What's wrong?? Is everything okay?"
She walked over to the side of his bed.
"I'm fine, everything's fine." She caressed his face with her hand. His heart fluttered.
"I think- I mean I want to talk. I'm ready to talk."
"Oh." Was all Lindsey could muster up at the moment. "Okay, sure." He patted the bed, and invitation for her to join him.
It was pitch black, Lindsey couldn't see much but he felt Stevie pull back the covers and slip in bed next to him. She stayed sitting up.
"Lindsey. I'm pregnant."
Lindsey grabbed his chest, all of the sudden he couldn't breathe, all of the wind was knocked out of him. Silence.
"Okay, well I kind of figured you were going to say something... I don't know like 'everything is going to be okay'?!" Stevie huffed sarcastically.
It's not that Lindsey didn't want to say anything, he physically couldn't find the words.
"Is it his?"
"Oh fuck you Lindsey. You know what, I was wrong for coming in here, for feeling safe around you." Stevie got up quickly.
Fuck.
"No Steph, you're right. Please. I want you to trust me, to feel safe around me. I just..."
"And for your information it's not his." Stevie said mimicking Lindsey.
She slammed his bedroom door. Lindsey sighed heavily and fell back onto his pillow.