I'm Not a Child Anymore

"It doesn't matter anymore Don." Stevie said flatly, now moving to the master bathroom gathering her personal items on the bathroom vanity.
"It doesn't matter anymore?! What the hell do you mean it doesn't matter anymore??"
Don shouted following Stevie into the bathroom. He towered over her in the doorway.
Lindsey had enough finally bursting through the bedroom door.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Lindsey yelled.
Don turned around to face Lindsey from the bathroom.
"Lindsey." Stevie sighed quietly.
"What the fuck are you doing in my house?!" He paused for a moment, "Oh, I see. You're fucking him."
Don turned around to Stevie his stone cold eyes peering into her soul. Fists clenched at his side he confronted Lindsey attempting to throw a punch at his chest. Lindsey ducked missing the punch and hooked Don right on the side of the head. Don fell to the ground immediately.
"You don't ever come near her again, do you fucking hear me?!" Lindsey shouted standing directly over Don. Lindsey stepped over Don's body laid flat out on the bedroom floor to Stevie in the bathroom who had watched the whole thing in horror.
"Steph." He said quietly reaching out his hand to her. She swatted him away.
"Don't fucking touch me." She walked out of the bathroom with the last of her toiletries and stuffed them in the duffel bag, zipping it up and slinging it over her shoulder. She walked out of the bedroom slamming the door behind her leaving Lindsey standing in shock.

—————

The car ride back to Lindsey's place was silent.
Lindsey wasn't really sure what he had done to piss Stevie off but he knew she was mad and he wouldn't be forgiven easily. Lindsey pulled into his drive shutting the ignition off.
"Stevie, whatever I did. I'm sorry."
"Whatever you did?! Huh, you don't even know what you did." Stevie huffed. "I told you to stay in the car!"
"Steph, if I wouldn't have intervened he would have hurt you!" Lindsey.
"I had the situation handled Lindsey. I didn't need your help. Yeah well your attempt to deescalate the situation was not successful." Stevie rolled her eyes.
"You're pregnant Stevie, it was careless for you to go in the house like that! You could have seriously got hurt!" Lindsey shouted.
"You don't get to tell me what to do Lindsey! This is my baby!" Stevie protectively put her hand over her barely noticeable bump. "I don't need you watching over me like I'm a child! I can take care of myself!" She snapped before opening the passenger door and stepping outside. Lindsey watched her stomp up the driveway to the front door.
Lindsey hit the steering wheel in frustration, eventually getting out and retrieving Stevie's duffel bag from the trunk.