Do You Want to Talk About It?

"Steph." Lindsey looked her up in down as she stood silently outside his front door. "Shit, sorry. Please. Come in."
He moved aside allowing her to enter his apartment. He looked her over once more in the light of his living room. Her eyes were red and puffy, mascara had ran down her cheeks. One duffel bag in each hand. Her hair was messy, her black tshirt tear stained, but she looked beautiful nonetheless. She always looked beautiful to him.
They stood in silence before each other in Lindsey's living room. Stevie's eyes bored at the ground. Lindsey tried to search her eyes, to engage with her, to get some hint as to what was going on. Minutes later.
"Sit down Steph. Can I get you anything? Water? Um- Are you hungry I can..."
"No." She said sternly. "No thank you, Linds." Her tone became soft, she looked up at him. Finally.
"Here. Let me take those to the guest room. Make yourself at home." Lindsey walked over taking the duffel bags still in Stevie's grasp.
She nodded walking over to his couch and sitting down.

—————

Lindsey cleared his throat taking a seat in the armchair across from Stevie. The stillness was driving Lindsey insane.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, breaking the silence.
Stevie broke down once more. Instinctually Lindsey stood up walking over to sit by Stevie on the couch. He gently placed his arm around her shoulder. She immediately turned into him burying her face into his white tshirt.
"Hey, shhh." He soothed, running his hand over her hair. He didn't know why but listening her cry was enough to fill his own eyes with tears.
"Steph. I know you don't know me very well, but I want you to know you can trust me. With anything."
She pulled her head away from his chest, her hazy brown eyes meeting his deep blue ones.
She sniffled, taking a shaky breath.
"I don't think I can can do it anymore Linds."
"Do what?" He inquired, reaching for her hand in support.
"Don. I can't- I thought I could fix it- fix us but I..."
Lindsey could anticipate more tears, he pulled her into him once again, this time placing a delicate kiss on the top of her head. There was something about feeling his tshirt wet from her tears on his bare chest. It felt, right.
"Steves, it's okay. We don't have to talk right now." He whispered resting his chin on her head.
Lindsey held her until her breathing evened out, she had fallen asleep crying. He sighed brushing her hair, now wet from her tears, out of her face. He slowly maneuvered himself off of the couch without disturbing her taking her bridal style in his arms and carrying her to the guest room. He laid her down gently and tucked her in bed pulling the blanket up to her neck. She looked so delicate, like porcelain, he was afraid he may break her.
"It's okay Stevie, it's going to all be okay." He whispered before kissing her on the head once more.