The Bonus Track

"So?" Lindsey asked nervously shifting in his mixing seat.
"It's good, really good. This is exactly what the guys at Polydor want." Richard said turning to Bob rubbing his hands with excitement.
Stevie sat with Mick and John on the couch in the recording studio. It had been an intense past few weeks, they had all three let out a breath of relief in unison.
"How many tracks do you have on there?" Bob asked.
"We've got 11." Lindsey said folding his arms on the mixing desk.
"What about a bonus track? I think if we add a bonus track it'll help record sales. We can get you guys some promos. Now that Stevie's joined I think you guys have a whole new target audience." Bob turned to Richard who nodded in agreement.
"Bob it's already taken us months to cut this record. We don't even have any idea what the bonus track would be..." Mick said frustration evident in his voice.
"Wait.. That could be a good idea." Lindsey cut Mick off.
John sat in silence as usual, as Stevie mindlessly doodled in her journal.
"Lindsey, we've slaved away in the studio for the past year. We've had to cut this record twice. For fucks sake we don't even have a song!!" Mick growled, standing up from the couch. Stevie sat her pen and notebook down on the end table.
"Guys." She said quietly.
"Oh we've been slaving away?! Who is the one that has slept in this fucking recording room the past two nights in preparation for today? Who is the one mixing and producing this record?!"
"GUYS!" Stevie yelled frantically searching through her purse.
Lindsey turned around in his chair to face Stevie and Mick paused watching her intently.
The room fell silent as Stevie finally pulled out a cassette tape. She stood up walking over to Lindsey and gently sitting down at the mixing desk before returning to her place on the couch. Lindsey just watched in confusion.
"Wha- I don't understand." He said picking up the unmarked cassette tape.
"Play it." She said sternly.
Lindsey inserted the cassette tape and what filled the room when he pressed play was transcending. By the time the demo was over there was not a dry eye in the room. Even John who was the widely known hard ass of the band was seen wiping a tear from the corner of his eye.
"Steph, that was..." Lindsey trailed off turning around to make eye contact with her. Even Stevie herself couldn't control the floodgates.
"Beautiful." Mick added.
"That's it. That's the bonus track." Richard stated.