Finally outside of the dark kingdom

Guns p.o.v

"I can't believe that we are finally going to be out of the dark kingdom in just a few minutes" I say to myself. Off is talking the gate guards and Mr. Wilton is checking over the luggage to make sure we have everything. I was going to get out and help but Off made me stay in the carriage. He said that I had a long and hard last few nights. I wasn't sleeping well, and I kept getting up and pacing around the room. I admit that I am anxious.  We are literally about head towards a war, which I have never even seen or been in.

I don't know when the next time we will have peace. Even my powers that aren't fully awakened are of almost no help to anyone. So many things to worry about that it makes it hard to relax and sleep. I think about the conversation I had with my parents, if only I could have persuaded them to let me and Off be together in a different way. Could I have done it? Would it make a difference, or would it still lead us to this point? I'm to scared to think of all the possibilities of what would, could and will happen once we reach the war. Off has reassured me many times that he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me. Only I'm not worried about me, I'm more worried about him.  If he is protecting me all the time, then he will be getting hurt a lot.

I know I need to be stronger and I'm trying. I have been practicing self-defense with Mr. Wilton. If anything, I can at least handle a one-on-one battle. Although I still haven't been able to beat Mr. Wilton, he has praised me on learning quickly. I practice every day both self-defense and on my healing ability. Snice I healed Mr. Wilton I haven't been able to heal anything but my own wounds. The possibility that I might not even be able to heal anyone is high I feel. If I can't Off, then what's the point of me going. I might just hold everyone back.

I look out the window at Off, he is finished talking with the guards. "Gun, we are ready and set to leave. Do you want anything before set off?" Off placed his hand on mine and looked at me with loving eyes. "No, I don't need anything." I can't keep acting like this. Off smiled and waved his hand to the guards to open the gate. The carriage began to move forward and just a few short minutes we were on the other side of the gate. The land was still covered in darkness. It didn't feel different at all, I was expecting it to feel foreign, but I feel no different.  I look around for a little, then I notice Off looking at me. "This is still our land right now. We still have about a hour before we are completely out of the Dark Kingdom. Why don't you try to rest and once we are in the neutral area I will wake you up."  Off patted his leg so I can lay my head down.

............................................................................................

Off's p.o.v

Gun looks exhausted, he has been trying to act like everything is okay. I know how he feels but he keeps saying he's okay. I try to be reassuring and letting him know every day that I won't let anything happen to him. Even if he might not be able to use his powers or fight well, I will protect him no matter what. He is trying so hard to learn and keep up with that bastard Wilton. I let Gun hang out with him only because Gun trusts him. It also gives him someone else to talk to on this journey. Gun is bubbly and cute so I'm sure he would feel better having other people to talk to on a regular basis.

The war doesn't bother me, I've been to battle and seeing blood or dead bodies is nothing to me. I plan on coming out of this untouched then marry Gun. There isn't anything that can change my mind, I have the power to destroy everything if I wanted to. I know I can protect Gun well without needing help from others. I've gone against the Red Kingdom before, although they are fierce and strong, they lack unity between themselves. The only chance that we might have a hard time is only if they learned to fight together and if the side we are fighting for are too weak. Sure, I can fight but it doesn't mean that I don't need a few other great fighters to fight alongside me. Hopefully we can conquer and return home soon. At the most accounting for traveling, fighting and resting we can be back in six months. If everything goes smoothly then sure but if it doesn't and we have to stay longer I might just have to lock Gun up somewhere. I can't allow him to be exposed to the gruesome scene of a battle filed for to long.

As Gun's head rests on my leg, I run my fingers lightly thru his hair. I wish I could just send him back home, far away from the battle. Just as much as I want to send him home I also want to keep him by my side. I wouldn't want to apart from him for even a second. Gun shifted his body as the carriage started to shake from the bumpy road. He already had a rough time sleeping the last couple of nights now he is having trouble resting because of the stupid road.

Gun rubbed his eyes as I held his on to his body so he wouldn't fall. "I'm sorry I told you to rest, I didn't expect it to be this bumpy. You can stay laying down if you want. I can hold on you." Gun didn't give a reply but instead wrapped his thin arms around my waist and nuzzled his head on my stomach. It didn't take very long before his body relaxed once more and he was sleeping. I will demand a room with a nice soft bed as soon as we get to the next town. Gun needs to rest more and I'll be damned if I don't provide him the best.

...............................................................................................

sorry for the way to long wait for a update. I wasn't feeling like writing or even reading . was motivated to do anything but work and do nothing. I'm hoping that I will update again soon snice i have a computer now, i missed actually typing.😊❤