Chapter 37: Its All Good For Now

Rayne POV *MAÑANA*

So my mom went to the hospital last night. .....I don't know what else to say besides my dad has been there all night. My grandmother is going to take us to school. I am so scared I'll never get to see my little brother and I just don't know what I'm doing. I didn't do any of my homework and I am not expecting sympathy from anybody. I just want to be left alone.

The whole ride to school was quiet.

I noticed my grandma looking at us through the rearview mirror. "She's gonna be fine yall. Sariyah is a strong woman."

"We know, it's not her we're worried about." Citaa said as we got out the car and said bye. She put her arm through mine. "I'll tell everybody to leave you alone if you want."

"She's your mom too Citaa."

"Yeah but, you look more drained than I do so I was just saying."

"Ok."

We were late so nobody was by the lockers like they usually are. We both just got our stuff out our lockers and went our seperate ways to homeroom.

"Hey Ray." Rima said to me. We have the same homeroom assignment.

"Hi."

There was no point in me coming to homeroom because the bell just rang for first class.

"What's wrong?"

The fact that I'm dating her brother and we have alot of classes together has brought Charisma and I really close.

I put my head on her shoulder as we walked to class. "My mom went to the hospital last night."

"Isn't she only like 6 months though?"

We walked into class. She loves Wednesdays because she has alot of classes with Alex, including this one. "Yeah and I don't know what happened, she just fainted and my dad caught her before she hit the floor." I told her. "You can go sit with him if you want, I'll be fine." I said, referring to Alex.

She gestured for him to come sit with us. "Hey Ray." I faintly smiled at him. He put his arm around my shoulder. "Don't worry about your mom alright, she's gonna be fine." He told me.

"How did you know my mom was in the hospital?"

"My mom's her doctor." He said with a smile. "By the way you owe me some dinner because she left before she could feed me."

I laughed. "Ok."

~*

"Rayne I can give you until tomorrow to turn this in, otherwise it's a zero." My teacher told me. "You're a good student, why didn't you do it?"

"My mom went to the hospital last night and I spent the whole night begging my dad to let me go see her but she was undergoing tests the whole night. I'm sorry and I will have it in by the end of the day."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Good luck." She said.

I walked out and down to study hall. Thank goodness I have this with Deandre. He was standing outside the library waiting for me.

"Hey," I kissed him as we sat down at the table. "Alex tell you what happened?"

"Yeah, how you holdin up?"

"Ok I guess. I just hope my brother is ok. But you know what would make me feel better?"

"What?"

"If you could help me with this math homework, pleeeasee?"

He rolled his eyes. "I guess."

"Yay," I moved over closer to him. "Ok, so since when did a triangle become confused?" He laughed. "Don't laugh babe, I have no idea what this is!"