Chapter 84: Finding AJ

Clementine's POV

We were all on separate horses. Me and Y/N is sharing one, I was holding onto him tight as he was the one riding the horse. We made it to the Ranch. But it was on fire.

Y/N: Shit!

Clementine: No!

Then we get shot at. They hit our horse. They hit the other horses too.

We take cover as I shot back at them while Y/N was taking care of our horse. We then run inside.

???: Stop right there!

We start shooting at anyone who is shooting at us. We take one person.

Lee: Where are the kids at?!

???: In there.

We then start walking to the next room.

???: But I won't let you get them.

Kenny quickly turned around and shot him. As we get closer to the door. We hear a female voice.

???: Hide in here.

We open the door to see a woman with a gun.

???: I won't let you take him!

I quickly shot her before she shot one of us. Her blood hit the locker she was messing with. We then hear crying coming from the locker.

Clementine: AJ!

Y/N dragged the woman's body out so AJ wouldn't see. I open the door to see AJ covered in the woman's blood.

Clementine: AJ, it's us.

Y/N: You remember us?

AJ continues crying. I pick him up and take him to one of the cars. I put him in the back seat and buckle his seatbelt. I get in the drivers seat as Y/N gets in the passenger seat. Y/N wipes the blood off AJ's face with a rag. Everyone else got in the second car.

Clementine: Where do we go?

Y/N: We can't go back to Richmond, this whole area is a war zone.

AJ: C-Clem. Y-Y/N.

We both look at him.

Y/N: We missed you buddy.

Clementine: We should make some rules. Rule 1..... Never go alone.

AJ: N-Never go alone.

Clementine: That's right.

Y/N: Let's find a home.

Clementine: Together.

Y/N gave everyone else the thumbs up, letting Lee know he can drive behind us.