Chapter 43: With Jane

Y/N's POV

Me, Clem, and Lee are walking in the woods with Jane to find Luke, Sarah, and Nick.

Jane: Look, I'm gonna level with you guys. You should know that finding your friends... that's a shot in the dark.

Clementine: I don't know about that.

Y/N: We shouldn't give up before we've even looked.

Jane: I also wanted to talk to you both, away from them. You two wouldn't have made it this far if you weren't smart.

She looks at Lee.

Jane: And someone who protected you.

She looks back at us.

Jane: But I still gotta warn you. That group is cracking, I've seen it before. And lots of times, it's better to be on your own.

Clementine: They're not bad people.

Y/N: But... there have been problems, before. I don't always agree with what they say or do.

Jane: Neither do I. Look at Kenny... I don't even know where to begin with what a liability he is... And Rebecca's situation is not making things better back there.

Lee: Excuse me?

Y/N: How can you get along without trusting anyone?

Jane: That's exactly how I get along. I like most of the people... but, they fall apart. People get killed.

Clementine: Then why did you bring us with you?

Jane: Giving you tools you need to make it.

Lee: I think they are fine.

We then find dead walkers.

Jane: Those walkers might have some good stuff.

Clementine: Yeah. We should check them.

Jane: Do you know why though? Because they are fresh. They can have useful stuff.

We check the pockets to find bullets.

Jane: Smart haircuts. Even though Y/N probably had short hair before this all started.

Clementine: Thanks.

Jane finds a nail file.

Jane: A nail file. These things are great. Sharpen a blade, strike a flint.

She finds another dead walker. She stabs it anyways.

Jane: Never can be sure. Give me a hand.

We help her flip the walker around to see Sarah's glasses.

Clementine: These are Sarah's.

She takes the glasses

Jane: Looks like she didn't make it.

Y/N: All we know is that she was here. It could be a good sign.

We then hear Sarah yelling in the distance.

Sarah: Get off!

We also hear Luke in the distance as well.

Luke: Sarah...God dammit!