Chapter 78: Execution

Y/N's POV

We make it to town square to see Joan on the stage with David, who has a noose on his neck, and he is standing on a stool. Joan is making a speech in front of the stage.

Joan: I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't want to be here today. The people of Richmond deserve to be safe! David Garcia has to be punished for what he's done!

Javi: Shit.

Joan: For years now, Richmond has been governed by one simple principle: strong council, strong community. But unfortunately, the actions of one of the members of that council--our security expert David Garcia--have put us all in danger.

David: She's lying to all of you!

Joan: And this man is not the only one who has disgraced our community. I'm sorry to have to show you this. Truly, I am, but you all need to see! Just look what they've done!

A soldier shows caskets, it shows lots of bodies. I see Lingard's body on one of those caskets.

Joan: They murdered these people in cold blood. Is this who they want in charge? Is this who we want to be afraid of?! People this reckless?! This cruel? Not if I have anything to do with it!

She then scanned the crowd.

Joan: Javier! I heard you were planning to crash our little party. Why don't you come on up here? Show your face to everyone. I'm sure these people would like to hear what you have to say. Don't make me ask twice!

Javi: Happy to! Been waiting for this all day.

Joan: Then I'll try not to disappoint you!

Javi approached the stage.

Joan: I had a very interesting conversation with your friend Eleanor last night.

Y/N's thoughts: WHAT?!

We see her in the crowd.

Joan: Isn't that right, Eleanor?

Eleanor looks guilty.

Eleanor: That's...that's right.

Joan: She said you came here because you wanted to save your brother. Admirable almost. Don't know how you thought you were going to pull it off. Considering it's all of us...against the four of you. But I guess hope springs eternal.

Javi: That's what I'm planning to do.

Joan: Appreciate the honesty. Which makes this so much harder... Here in Richmond, people who put themselves before the group don't last long. Bring them out!

A soldier brings out Tripp and Ava, both of their wrists were tied.

Tripp: Get away from me!

Ava: You're making a mistake!

David: Ava!

Joan: David wanted to tear this whole place down. David told his people where to find our gun supply, and sure enough, they picked us clean. You've put me in a no-win situation here! So i'm gonna do the same thing to you. Both of them deserve to die for their crimes. However, Javi-- I'll let you spare on of them. Just one.

Ava: No!

Tripp: Hell no!

David: Joan, don't!

Javi: Is this the kind of leadership you've got in store for Richmond? Torturing people with your stupid power games?

Joan: Justice isn't a game, Javi. It's about time you learned that.

Clint: Joan, are you sure about this? We never agreed to killing all these people!

Javi: Let Ava live.

Eleanor: Javi, no!

Tripp: Well, there's the Javi I know! Backstabbing, double-crossing, no-good dirty fucking murderer!

Joan: Such language! But I admire the sacrifice you're making here, Javi. Shoot her.

Javi: Wait! I said don't shoot Ava!

Joan: You did, but there's something else you need to understand... Betrayal.

David: Joan! Think about what you're doing! Ava's one of us! You can't fucking do this!

Ava: This is fucked!

Joan: I can do whatever I want! You brought this on yourself. Do it.

Javi: Wait--

The soldier then shoots Ava in the head.

David: No!!!

Y/N: Oh no.

Clint: This ain't how we do things! Just let them all go!

David: Don't listen to her Javi! Shoot this bitch!

Javi: We will leave!

Joan: I didn't say you all could go!

Clint: It doesn't matter. This needs to happen.

He let David go. He then punched one of the guards and took his gun, he shoots the guard and takes Clint hostage. He then shoots Joan. Causing everyone to panic and go crazy as they run. Then the guards start shooting at us. Me, Clem, and everyone else in our group take cover at a subway entrance.

Y/N: Of course David fucked everything up!

Clementine: Saw that one coming too!

Lee: We just can't get a break.

Kenny: Fucking shitbirds messing things up.

We then see the truck. It was driving towards the square.

Sarita: Kate?!

The truck crashes into a wall. Then it explodes. Causing the wall to be destroyed, walkers were coming in.

Javi: KATE!!!!!!!!