Chapter 69: Jesus

Y/N's POV

We were in the van for a while. there are cars that is blocking the underpass. We get out of the van.

Javi: Let's use the winch.

Y/N: How about the jumper cables?

Javi: Oh, okay. Tripp, could you pop the hood?

Tripp: You better not fuck up my baby here.

Lee: Mind if we help?

Kenny: I fixed a truck before, I could be good help.

Duck: I would like to help.

Carley: I'll help too.

Sarita: I'll like to help out as well.

I let them do all the work getting the cars to move. I look at Clementine who looked like she was in deep thought. I walk over to her.

Y/N: Everything okay Clem?

Clementine: I'm fine, just thinking.

Y/N: About what?

Clementine: I know you can understand.

Y/N: What is it?

Clementine: Having people, it's nice. But it hurts in the end, because you lose them.

Y/N: I know what you feel. Everyone we knew. Gone.

Clementine: We lost So much people. We lost Omid, Christa, the cabin group, all of our groups we lost. And then, we lost AJ.

Clem's tears started to form.

Clementine: What if you're next? I can't deal with it. I lost so much. Losing you would be too much for me.

I then pull Clementine into a hug. She hugs back.

Y/N: It's okay Clem. I'm scared of losing you too. Ever since we lost AJ. It keeps coming to mind. If I lost you, I would probably go insane. I don't want to think all about that now.

Clem then looks at me.

Y/N: We made it this far. I think it's incredible. We went through so much, but here we still are. I have hope that we can make it, and find a home. For us.

I wipe Clem's tears off of her face.

Clementine: Thanks Y/N. Talking to you always make me feel better.

The cars moved, but walkers were over there. Eleanor was able to drive off with Kate. We see a ladder to get on top of a building and we get up there. We see someone on another building.

Lee: Someone's on that building!

Javi: I see him too. Show yourself!

No answer.

Javi: I'm gonna confront him.

Y/N: I'm coming with you.

Lee: I'm coming with you.

Kenny: Same here.

Carley: I'll stay back here.

Clementine: Be careful.

Y/N: We will.

We sneak to the building. Then we get held at gunpoint.

???: I heard that you guys are on your way to Richmond. That means you got something to do with them. Which side are you on?

Before we could speak, I heard a whistle, it was Clem and the others. The man looks at them, giving me time to disarm the man.

Tripp: Is he one of them?

???: Them? Who are you talking about?

Kenny: New Frontier.

???: What? No, I'm not with those guys.

Conrad: Bullshit!

Clementine: Check for the brand.

Javi starts checking him.

Javi: I don't see anything.

???: I'm on my way to Richmond too. I lost touch with some good friends once they took over.

Y/N: Who?

???: New Frontier. They took over Richmond. You guys knew that, right?

Me and my group all look at each other in fear and in shock. We walk away to talk alone.

Y/N: Fuck.

Clementine: This is bad! We can't let them see us!

Y/N: We won't.

Duck: We need to tell someone.

Sarita: I think Javi. He seems more trustworthy.

Kenny: Not Tripp and Conrad.

Y/N: Definitely not Gabe.

Clementine: Agreed. We will tell Javi.

We walk back to the group.

Javi: What do we call you?

???: The name is Paul. But my friends call me Jesus. Anyway, follow me. I will show you the tunnel that takes you to Richmond.