September

The first day of school, the first day of year eleven to be exact, is always a hectic day. To begin with, I sleep through my alarm which leads to me rushing out of the door with only ten minutes to get to school. Everything is normal as I get to my usual seat in tutor next to Adam. Adam Ross is one of my best friends who I've known ever since we were at nursery together. He is like that older brother figure to me even though we look nothing alike. Where I have blonde hair, grey eyes and pale skin, he has dark skin with dark brown eyes. Sat behind us is Laura, another one of my best friends who I met when we were only four years old, a year after I first met Adam. I used to be really jealous of Laura's hair because it used to be so long but then she cut it into a short, dark bob. It does suit her though. Then there is Maddie who I have known since the start of high school but it feels like so much longer.

Everyone else is sat where they usually are, dotted around the room as they tell people who they don't care about how amazing their summer was. From the snippets of conversations that I hear, it was party after party, some of which I attended and some that I didn't. Me and Adam talk about how this year will probably be very different due to the amount of exams that we will have but at least once it is over, I will be able to focus more on my dance. Dance is just something that I have wanted to do ever since I was a little girl. I have everything in my life planned out and hopefully, nothing will get in my way.

Finally the bell rings for tutor to start so in walks my tutor, Mr Reynolds. I have to say that Reynolds is probably my favourite teacher here at Abbey Moore High School. He is more relaxed than most of the other teachers and it helps that he also teaches my favourite subject, performing arts. Stood behind Reynolds is someone that I don't recognise, a boy who is obviously around the same age as us. My guess is that he is a new kid so of course he has to go through the obligatory introduction. Poor kid.

"Good morning students, it's nice to see you all back and healthy this morning and I hope you've all enjoyed the summer." Reynolds greets us. "Before we go over all the new notices, I would like to introduce you to Cory Stevens, a new student who will be is some of your classes. Cory why don't you go sit Joe over by the corner." Reynolds points to a greasy looking boy in the corner of the room who has the only empty seat in the room next to him.

After that introduction, everything is pretty normal. I get my new timetable, groan when I realise I still have Mr Danes for Science and move to my first lesson of the day when the bell rings. English is my first lesson and it's alright but not the most interesting. I take my seat in the back of the room with Laura and Maddie sat next to me. I watch as people walk into the room and smile at me but I don't smile back, they think if they smile at me I'm suddenly going to invite them to sit with us at lunch. I have never really been a 'people person' besides the few friends I have and yet somehow, that has gained me some kind of popularity. I try and use that to my advantage though. I place my bag on the empty chair next to mine so nobody sits there even though after five years no one has sat there ever.

That is until now.

The new kid, Cory I think his name was, walks into the classroom. Our teacher points Cory over to the direction of my table and I begin to burn inside. I know it is stupid but I have always liked having that seat spare, even if it just to put my bag on. The main reason is so I don't have to talk to anyone else though. Moving my bag I glance over at him, giving him a look that says 'don't talk to me'. He doesn't, well at least for that lesson. A cold atmosphere does build up between the two of us though.

Next on my timetable is Performing Arts which I normally enjoy, mainly because I know I'm good at it however that all changed. Adam, Laura, Maddie and I sit in our usual seats waiting the lesson to begin. We settle down when Reynolds walks into the room, talking as he does so about what we are going to be doing this term.