Chapter 36: Attack on the Leaf Part 4: The Tailed Beast Rasengan

"Rasengan!" I shout as I emerge from over a skyscraper and begin to form my Rasengan.

Descending into the square I throw my Rasengan at the unknown Otsutsuki member. He then notices the incoming attack and prepares to absorb it. But I then form my hands to create the vanishing jutsu which teleports the Rasengan before reaching the man. Confused as to where the Rasengan went, I glided to the ground and smirk at him. He squints back at me with suspicion. There is a silence in the air as I continue to unapologetically face off back at him. Then suddenly I release my hands and the attack connects, breaking his focus and freeing the girls from his binding. I then join my wife and sister as they recover.

"You okay?" I softly spoke to her, as I reached out to bring her to her feet.

She then abruptly winces in pain and almost falls to the ground before I catch her.

"Boruto," she says with worry in her eyes.

"Yes," I say in a loving manner.

"Is Saruto safe?" Sarada asks, her voice cracking.

I assuringly nod to her as a I grip her hand softly and support her head against my chest. Based on my response, Sarada then seemed reassured and relaxed. There was no doubt based on her scared expression that they were after Saruto because of his abilities. The prophecy that the toad sages had told us before Saruto was born was unfortunately coming to pass and the village was suffering from it. Casualties were inevitable from this numerous and consistent attacks. How many more people were going to die? My home was under attack one too many times for the likes of the Otsukuki and their hunger for power.

The man then gets up from his feet and begins to consume chakra from the other Otsutsuki member that sat in the rumble next to him.

"Hima, who are they?" I wonder.

I hear Hima begin to walk over to Sarada and I from behind me and as she gets into view she places her hands on her hips in an unamused way. Her glares pierced the air in the direction of the two Otsutsuki members.

"Chamushiki Otsutsuki and his father, Kaushiki," Hima cursed, "Kaushiki claims to be Isshiki's brother."

"What?!" I say in a concerning manner.

In my disillusionment, I help Sarada once again to her feet and then shoulder her by my side as we observe Kaushiki regain the power I just beat out of him. As I activate my Jougan and Hima her Byakugan, I observe the growing chakra off the charts from upon him.

"Big Brother, do you see what I see?" Hima questions.

"Yes," I say in a disappointing tone.

As Sarada regains her strength through self-medical jutsu in a glowing green chakra cloak, we stand ready for another devastating attack. Hima then asks me to create my Rasengan again. I do so, and she adds her tailed beast chakra to the jutsu, causing it to radiate in a massive and powerful form of chakra. Kaushiki creates a massive jutsu of his own. Sarada then leads the charge, telling us that we only have one shot. Sarada dodges one of Kaushiki's attacks and throws her chidori blades at him. Kaushiki dodges the sword, and Sarada continues consistent blows with it, but Kaushiki back kicks her, calling her ploy obvious. Sarada's chidori blade turns out to be a disguised genjutsu that reveals me out of a flame, which allows me to manage to get close to Kaushiki and stab one his right eye, however I am then grabbed by the throat. As I struggle a bit, my shadow clone is revealed as it disappears causing Kaushiki to shout in annoyment. My real body then approaches Kaushiki with the massive Rasengan.

"Rasengan!"

Kaushiki and my jutsu clash, with mine and Hima's jutsu overpowering Kaushiki, destroying him.

With the dust settling, it is apparent that Kaushiki is dead as his body is gone having been obliterated by the massive Rasengan. Reuniting with Sarada and Hima in the center square we begin to approach Chamushiki on the ground.

"You have lost Chamushiki!" Sarada announces, "Your father is dead and unless you don't surrender and submit to questioning, we will kill you as well."

There is a long silence as Chamushiki ignores Sarada's proclamation.

"Hey, Scumbag!" Hima questions.

Suddenly, Chamushiki begins to laugh as blood falls from his mouth.

"You think you've won. Pitiful!"

As we look down on him, we ponder on the hidden meaning of those words. What does he mean?

Suddenly back at the initial blow of my giant Rasengan, a spark reappears and watches as the world around us rebuilds itself. It seems as though time is going in reverse all around us. The damage from the Rasengan disappears and a figure emerges from a giant blue light. First bones then muscle, blood, tissue and finally a pale white skin and white hair. Kaushiki. He was alive. Did he even die? If so, how was the jutsu initiated.

Chamushiki continued to laugh as he coughed up blood.

Suddenly a newly formed Kaushiki targets me, and we engage with taijutsu, and the latter gains the upper hand when he strikes my tenketsu. Sarada attacks Kaushiki, who evades her attack, counterattacks, and rams both Sarada and I on the ground, throwing us against the remains of a structurally crippled skyscraper. Thank god, Town Square was evacuated in the initial attacks. Hima begins to go on the offensive, activating her chakra mode and dōjutsu respectively, and Kaushiki manifests a weapon to counter them, leading our trio to brawl with him.

Eventually Hima manifests Shukaku. But is quickly incapasitated and knocked unconscious against a metal debris from a building. I watch as blood streams from her hairline.

Anger begins to flood over me as I target Kaushiki who coalesces the bricks of the Square around himself in retaliation. Sarada activates her Sharingan to evade the projectiles of bricks that are shot at us. One by one we passed through the blockade and I engaged once more in taijutsu with Sarada against him. As we weave through each other's movies in synchronization. I notice Kaushiki begins to emit a black chakra. It pulses stronger every time we inflict damage on him.

Suddenly an ear splitting sound begins to emit from his body as the black chakra becomes blinding. As Sarada and I shield our eyes, we send flying backwards with one big pulse.

Moments pass and I regain consciousness and notice my chakra being drained. Looking over to Sarada who still laid unconscious, I saw that same black chakra was eating away at her. It's like we're infected with a poisonous chakra. Little did I know but the effects that we were exhibiting from the epicenter of the black chakra pulse was happening all over the village. Everyone was slowly deteriorating away with their chakra.

"How do you have this power?" I exclaimed to Kaushiki.

He smiled, "My brother only scratched the surface of what kind of power we have. I can only begin to show this miserable world what the power of a true Otsusuki can obtain. That child of chakra holds the key to an unlimited pool of chakra and immortality to mere mortals can only dream of wielding. However, you will all die before you can witness the beauty of the infinite chakra pool."

Infinite Chakra Pool? I can't let him obtain that power. Let alone allow everyone in my home to die. I knew what I had to do.

Gradually sat myself on the ground and formed my hands into the infinity. Closing my eyes, all I could rely on was my sense of hearing. From that ability of hearing I heard Sarada begin to wake. As she adjusted herself to consciousness, I could sense her look over to me.

"Boruto?" she questioned but I was too focused to respond, "Boruto! What are you-"

Suddenly I released a wave of white chakra that counterattacked the effects of the black chakra. Standing up and emitting the combined black chakra that was initially dispersed, I struggled to walk towards Kaushiki who shot continuous black receivers at me. Each piercing my body and with every step I wince in pain. In a panic, Kaushiki releases a hell storm of black receivers. But I continue to move forward. Once I get close enough to him he is unable to evade because of my binding jutsu. Reaching out to him I send a black pulse of Chakra back to him which creates a huge black explosion.

Everything goes dark.