Chapter 35: Attack on the Leaf Part 3: Versus Chamushiki

"There is no need for mindless violence, Lady Sarada," the man said as he bowed.

As I glared at him, I couldn't help but notice a grin stretched across his manic face. That damn bastard. I could feel something in the pit of my stomach. A boiling hatred.

"Nothing to say?" Chamushiki Otsutsuki spoke out as he lifted his head to meet my seering glare, "I see."

Suddenly, my glare faded as he burst out in a psychotic laugh. I watched as he threw his head back and wiped tears of laughter from his pale Byakugan eyes.

"Ha, sorry but I guess I have to take the child from your cold dead corpses and out from the ashes of this world."

My eyes widened in fear at this being's desperation. No sane person would go to such measures. He was way too dangerous to be on the same planet as him. The toad sages had warned us about Saruto and the bloodline he carried. To think that we had gone this far without any signs of anything would threaten him. The combined bloodlines of the Uzumaki and Uchiha clans of Hagoromo and Hyuga clan of Hamura.

There was no way I was going to let him lay his hands on my son. Over my dead body.

Chamushiki then whipped his head up in the ear and smelled the air, then his nose directed the rest of his body towards Hokage Rock and then I watched as his eyes squinted at the house and distantly stood on top of it. Himawari's house. Saruto was there with Hinata, Tsuki and Haru.

"Ah, I can smell him. A boy?" He continued to smile as he turned to Hima and I, "This is the scent of the son of chakra. The mother's blood runs through his veins. It's...It's exhilarating! Oh what I would do to have even a small taste. The power. I want that power!"

Diving from where he levitated in the air at us, he jerked his hand out to grab me. I was in a shock and his movements were too chaotic and irregular to evade fast enough. As I stood in fear I came to my senses as I saw him stop in front of me. He couldn't reach me but how. Then I saw a large clawed hand holding him back. The hand was a sand fur color with purple veins illuminating it. Tracing it back to the source, I saw Himawari with her left side transformed in the one-tail. Her left eye was completely black with a yellow pupil. For the left side of her mouth were razor sharp teeth in which hung wide open as she panted from exhaustion. With her human hand she supported the one-tail arm that stretched out to protect me from Chamushiki's blow.

"Thank you, Shukaku," Hima whispered under her breath as she then used the force of the tailed beast strength to send Chamushiki flying in the glass skyscraper in front of us. The wind force of the push shattered every window in the building. Wow, such power.

Regarding my attentiveness, I watched as Hima transformed and the one-tail retracting back into her body. She was panting hard and his eyes fluttered closed. She then opened them back up to look at the damage she caused the Chamushiki.

"You okay, Hima?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded as she then looked back at the wrecked building. She sighed as her eyes changed from a blue and black to a pale white. Veins then stretched across her face. The Byakugan.

"Is he dead?" I wondered.

As her Byakugan searched the wreckage, she frowned.

"Damn, the bastard's still alive."

"Tsk!" I cursed as I whipped my head around just in time to see him emerge from the dust of the building. As the dust cleared, I noticed him wipe a stream of blood that came down from his mouth. As he looked at the blood in his and from that he looked back up to meet our gazes. His nose was scrunched up and his eyes narrowed as if he was annoyed. I returned the gaze with my hand on my hip and my chin held high. I made it clear that I was looking down on him. Activating my Sharingan, I felt my hair fly in the wind. Next to me, Hima crossed her arms and activated her incomplete tailed beast form. Her nails grew, eyes glowed a pale black and yellow (as a sub-form of combining byakugan and tailed beast form), teeth sharper, and the chakra of the tailed beast cloaked around her in an orange glow a raccoon with ears and one tail.