Chapter 4: Thicker than Blood

Soon the tension of the room grew worrisome as I searched his eyes. Eyes that were my own. Our reflections making as the same. I twitched and sweated. The loss of blood didn't help with the feeling of uselessness. I felt my face lose color as I lost my balance and let out a long sigh.

As I hunched over to regain my breath, Lord Hokage began laughing and pointing at me. Panting and shaking a shook me out of the haze.

"Ugh. You got me, Gramps." I admitted before clenching my chest again to feel the pit of it.

I watched as he laughed hysterically and closed his shut. We were no longer formal with each other as I smirked slightly to allow me a laugh. But then I remember the pit. Each muscle tugging on it and sending me into a haze of pain.

"Haha! You weren't even trying Saruto!" He cried before bringing back his composure.

Whipping his tears of joy he looked to me and set his hand on my shoulder. Soon his glimmering attitude morphed into a serious one.

"How are you anyway?" Naruto looked at me with a worried look.

I know I wouldn't allow myself to hide it from him. I had to much respect. And besides, he could help. Shikadami couldn't but he can. Frowning I lifted my shirt to show that my into bandage was filled with dark red almost black blood. It seemed different than moments ago. Like it was getting worse by the second. It just wasn't healing.

"Your..."

"I know it isn't healing," I interjected.

Even without healing powers, I regular humans would have formed some sort of scab or some sort of sign of healing. But it seems as though I am getting worse. Its a mystery as to why I am still standing and not passed out from the loss of blood.

I watched as my grandfather leaned in close to examine the wound. Peeling the bandages off his eyes widened at the sight of black veins stretching there way across my chest and towards my neck. Something wasn't right. This wasn't normal. My grandfather seemed scared. I had never seen him that way before. Not since my father passed away. I tried to read his face further as he examined my wound. His hand's gentle to feel the veins.

"Saruto, I-"

My grandfather spoke out before hearing a scream. Turning around towards the glass I was met face to face with the very conscious man. His face pressed against the window and his tongue hanging out as his droll covered the fogged up glass.

Behind on the floor were all the medical ninjas with scalpels and prongs in their hands. The shivered in fear for their lives but I knew that the man was after me.

But there was no way he would know I was hearing because of the one-way glass unless he smelt me. My blood. My grandfather observed as he scratched at the glass. We watched as his attention remained on my chest while the ninjas snuck out the door behind them and locked it behind themselves. Knocking over tables and chairs before tumbling out.

Walking up to the glass I stared straight into his eyes. The sinister look of hunger and lust came off him like a poison. The air of the confined medical room was misted into a dark haze like before in the forest. But this time I seemed to be protected by the glass from it. Plus, my grandfather was here and he wouldn't let the bastard do a single thing.

"So this is the man who attacked you?" My grandfather casually questioned.

Nodding my head, I never flinched away from the man. But that was a mistake itself. Suddenly his eyes widened and darkness engulfed them and I became plagued with the dark haze from before. It was the feeling I had in the forest. Dropping to my knees I felt my eyes surge into pain.

"Argh!" I screamed out as I clenched them.

I felt my grandfather drop to my side while shielding his eyes from the attention of the man to avoid being infected by them if needed. Turning towards me, my grandfather grabbed my face and moved my hands away from my eyes. I felt that with every blink my eyes were switching their kekkai genkai. Each blink changing the haze that came over my vision to the point where I felt blind and unbalanced.

"Saruto!" My grandfather called out in a panic.

With no response, I heard muffled words as he signaled for the shinobi on guard to subdue the man.

I felt as my grandfather fought me for a look at my eyes. Looking up at him while continuous blinking, all I could see was his eyes staring back at me. But instead of the mirrored blue eyes that we shared, it was flashes of red, purple, and white. In their reflection, I saw black blood seeping from them like tears.

This time I could read his face. He was sad as he looked in horror at my pain.

"Saruto, Saruto!" He waved one hand in front of my face while the other held my back up straight, "Can you hear me! Saruto!"

Then there was darkness.