Chapter 46: The Will

"What are you doing??" Shikadami yelled.

As I squinted and my vision seemed to be normal, I looked in the direction that I came from to see that I was really stepping off the cliff. But the woman. As I walked over to the edge, I looked down to see that the woman was gone again. Was I imagining her? Was this the effect of Crystal Gen.

Turning back I saw Asami Sarutobi-Hyuga and Crystal Lee staring at me, both with worried looks.

"W-what? I-I?" I said I was confused.

"Are you okay, Saruto?" Crystal said softly.

I was so lost that I almost did see Inojou stumble through the middle of Asami and Crystal.

"Yoooo!" he said in a obnoxious manner as he used Crystal and Asami as a crutch before he finally realized I was next to Shikadami, "Fuck no!"

Immediately he turned to run as Shikadami's glare began to burn into the back of his head. Making a run for it, Asami was quick to grab and restrain him. I watched as Shikadami passed me and then approached him. He smiled nervously as she maintained a disgusted face. Grabbing his chin she looked into his eyes then grabbed his hand to look at his fingers.

"Crystal Gen! Inojou are doing drugs again!" She cursed his guilty look.

Suddenly, Kemono, Kyurei and Choban emerged from the trees and stayed back as they watched Inojou being scolded.

"Why do you care?" Inojou mocked before releasing himself from Asami's grasp.

"You idiot! We have a Team 10 mission tomorrow morning!"

Inojou turned to try and avoid her scolding gaze. She then turned to look at Choban who shrugged.

"Don't look at me, I didn't take any," he said in a cool manner.

She shook her head and then headed towards the trees to leave with Crystal and Asami following her.

"C'mon," she said casually with her back turned to us.

The rest of them stood there confused and dazed.

"Go where?" I spoke for us all.

She then turned back to face me and spoke in a serious tone, "The Hokage's Office. You've been summoned"

Shit.

________________________________

Leading up to the Hokage's I noticed there was tons of security. I pondered as to why but Shikadami was quiet in the halls leading up to the main office. She had just taken me, Choban, and Inojou with her as we were the only ones summoned. Kyurei and Kemono went back home as the last events ruined the mood of their party experience. They were just probably gonna go back to her place to hook up as her little sister still needed to watch as Uncle Inojin was working with the Barrier Team and Aunt Sumire was at the Scientific Ninja Tools Lab. But what did my grandfather need with Choban, Inojou, and I. By the time we had left the Pit, I used my Sharingan to lift the Genjutsu drugged from Inojou so as to not show up drugged at the Hokage's Office. Shikadami was against it as she wanted to see him scolded by higher authority.

Approaching the door to the Hokage's office we saw two guards blocking the door before Shikadami gave them a nod and they opened the door for us. As we entered we noticed my grandfather, a man who was surrounded by more guards and then a woman with dark brown hair about our age standing smiling next to the desk. They all stared as we approached the desk. I looked to my grandfather for reassurance and he nodded before standing up from his chair.

"This is fire daimyo," he said, gesturing to the man surrounded by guards, "Tento Madoka."

The daimyo. Immediately all of us bowed out of respect as he waved for his guards to allow him to see us. As he emerged from behind as he approached me with his hand held out. Noticing the hand I immediately shook his hand. He smiled. He seemed very infatuated with meeting me.

"Hello, Saruto Uzumaki-Uchiha," he said with a confident smile, " I am an old friend of your father's."

Immediately I stood up straight with surprise, "My father..."

He nodded, "As a child he was assigned to be my personal bodyguard and he even saved my life."

I didn't show it but I felt good about hearing about this. I never knew about it. Anything about my father brought me joy.

"However, excuse me, but this isn't why I have visited you."

He then looked to Inojou and then back to the woman. She then acknowledged the Daimyo.

"This is Kyuna Senju, she was a protege of Princess Tsunade during her retirement in the Capital."

Senju.

She nodded before speaking up, "Hello I worked closely with your great-grandmother. Upon her death she gave me a message for Naruto Uzumaki, Saruto Uzumaki-Uchiha and Inojou Yamanaka."

Inojou then gave a look of confusement, "I'm sorry? Me?"

She nodded respectfully and then turned to address the Hokage and myself and then looked at a document in her hands.

"Upon my death bed, I, Princess Tsunade Senju, wish to address Naruto Uzumaki. In the past, I have made many mistakes and found myself in a low part of my life back during the Second Shinobi War. Having lost many comrades, my brother, and my lover, I was in no place to raise a child."

A child. I thought to myself as I looked to my grandfather who was listening intently to her words.

"Upon giving birth to my child, I entrusted him to a friend in the respectable Namikaze clan."

Immediately my heart dropped as I looked to my grandfather who shed a tear as he stared at the paper in her hands.

"My son, Minato Namikaze, of the Senju and Kato clans by birthright, having passed, his inheritance falls to his son, Naruto Uzumaki, and his children, Boruto Uzumaki (deceased) and Himawari Uzumaki-Norimaki (36 years of age), and grandchildren, Saruto, Haru, and Tsuki."

She then looked up to give us a break from this revelation. Looking at my grandfather, he looked distressed and sad.

Kyuna then looked back to the paper and took a deep breath.

"To Naruto, I'm sorry for keeping this from you for so long and for your father growing up not knowing his birth mother. I am sorry for a lot of things but I am thankful for the time I spent with you, my great grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren. Please leave with these words that I loved both you and your father. I am with my son now so I plan to make up for the time we lost. I love you."

Kyuna then closed the paper and looked around at us. The room was silent before my grandfather looked at her.

"Can I?" he gestured to the paper.

She nodded sweetly, handing him the paper. My grandfather gently grabbed it and looked at its words. He lifted his hands as they shook the paper and then grasped his mouth to contain himself. All of us in the room stood in silence. His eyes then widened as he looked back to Kyuna.

"My grandfather is Dan Kato?" he questioned.

Kyuna nodded, "Yes, Lord Seventh."

"And his sister was Ori Kato?"

Ori Kato...

"Yes, she was the Wind Puya," Tento interjected, "one of the purest chakra users in our world."

Immediately his eyes glanced at Inojou.

"Tsunade was the last to see her alive."